Sox select Chuckie Robinson, DFA Ellis and then claimed by Mets

Quin

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I love how the two Getz water carriers on this message board claim that all of our prospects are so great, until Getz dumps one of them.  Once Getz gets rid of a prospect, said prospect is sh1t and will always be sh1t.  One of them said Shane Drohan was one of our 15th best pitching prospects, and then Getz DFA him two weeks later.  Oops.

Biggest homers ever.  Really embarrassing.

Here's what I actually said:

and my list of 24 "good" starters was here

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Wow…you are actually condoning writing off a player for making a single mistake in his major league debut.

I’m writing off a 26 year old outfielder with a career .661 OPS in the minor leagues yes

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Let’s be fair / yes he was fast. He also was 26 and done nothing. It isn’t like it’s a 21 year old who had minimal experience. 

Thank you! Someone with some common sense around here. But don’t forget, he’s a “raw” 26 year old ? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Thank you! Someone with some common sense around here. But don’t forget, he’s a “raw” 26 year old ? 

He owns the website.A chicken s%*# mod wouldn't dare have an insulting multiple posts exchange with him. He's making the same point as you but oh look no one responded to it like they are with you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I likely feel the same way as you about Ellis.  However, it doesn’t make sense to dump younger players to retain horrible old vets with expiring contracts in a losing season.  And this isn’t the first time Getz has dumped a younger player to retain garbage.

9 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Let’s be fair / yes he was fast. He also was 26 and done nothing. It isn’t like it’s a 21 year old who had minimal experience. 

He obviously wasn't ready and it showed.  Which is why calling him up instead of someone with more experience was dumb in the first place, let alone now after to lost him for nothing. 

• 2 weeks later...

When I refreshed the site - I'm the last comment on everything.  Pretty cool.  

These are non-impact players and I think (last I looked) the Mets have the biggest payroll and while not AS bas as us, just terrible.

I live up here (NY area) so I know.

37 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm pretty checked out. I see Maldonado has a .250 OPS, that has to be approaching the all time futility mark for his amount of PA, right? 

He has the lowest wRC+ in baseball history amongst a ~42k sample of positional players with over 120 plate appearances in a season.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He has the lowest wRC+ in baseball history amongst a ~42k sample of positional players with over 120 plate appearances in a season.

But remember his defensive abilities and leadership mean more to Grifol! ?

Just now, Lip Man 1 said:

But remember his defensive abilities and leadership mean more to Grifol! ?

Actually it’s just how he handles a staff as his throwing, blocking, and framing are all negative value.  They should just fire Grifol and make Maldonado the manager at this point.

27 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Actually it’s just how he handles a staff as his throwing, blocking, and framing are all negative value.  They should just fire Grifol and make Maldonado the manager at this point.

Wouldn't cost any more money...would have to think Maldonado would definitely take that "trade" from active playing days to managing, and "jumping the line" without having to pay his dues in the minors.

He owes a "refund" to the fans anyway for his performance.

Can't imagine he could make it any worse than the chaos and dysfunction of the last 2 1/2 seasons.

9 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Just don’t get picked off 2nd base when you can already score on a hit.

Meh… it was his first game in the show and the catcher called for a good blind pickoff. Schit happens.