6/17 Games

37 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Your takes are hot garbage

Right now, on June 18th 2024, the Cease trade looks like hot garbage. 

Plenty of time for that to change. 

Iriarte could get his s%*# together

Thorpe could get his command back and show why he was damn near unhittable in the minors

Zavala is 19 in A+, so he has plenty of time. 

57 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Thorpe could get his command back and show why he was damn near unhittable in the minors

No, the Cease trade continues to look great. YOU look like hot garbage. I think the harsh takes are really uncool on the FutureSox side. This place seems to be about watching prospects, not ridiculing them. There are plenty of trolls who will embrace your hatred on the other side. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WestEddy said:

No, the Cease trade continues to look great. YOU look like hot garbage. I think the harsh takes are really uncool on the FutureSox side. This place seems to be about watching prospects, not ridiculing them. There are plenty of trolls who will embrace your hatred on the other side. 

Thank you. I’ve been saying for a while for her to keep that s%*# in the big league threads. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Thorpe had one bad start.

One.

He also had one were he was very good.

He also just skipped AAA.  Patience. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

It's not just about Thorpe, it's about Iriarte and Zavala too. 

You just said Zavala was fine.  Iriarte was amazing until his last 3-5 starts.  Thorpe was one of the best pitchers in the minors. 2 days ago (prior to Thorpes start) I am sure you'd have said this trade was a fleece.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

You just said Zavala was fine.  Iriarte was amazing until his last 3-5 starts.  Thorpe was one of the best pitchers in the minors. 2 days ago (prior to Thorpes start) I am sure you'd have said this trade was a fleece.

It looked very good until Thorpe and Iriarte went off the rails a bit. 

Have been concerned about Thorpe's fastball for a while.

Like I said I'm not casting final judgment on it any time soon. 

Do I wish that Zavala was doing better? Yeah, but I recall someone saying he had a ridiculously low babip and 19 is really young for A+

Edited by baseball_gal_aly

1 minute ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

But you cast a steady stream of "not-final" judgement on every. single. prospect. 

Do you actually believe that a good prospect should plug in and hit .400 without any hiccups? Or throw one hitters their entire career? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Do I wish that Zavala was doing better? Yeah, but I recall someone saying he had a ridiculously low babip and 19 is really young for A+

So just to be clear, once a starting pitcher has one bad start, he has "gone off the rails" and turned into a bad prospect?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

But you cast a steady stream of "not-final" judgement on every. single. prospect. 

Do you actually believe that a good prospect should plug in and hit .400 without any hiccups? Or throw one hitters their entire career? 

No, of course not. Am I allowed to have concerns? 

3 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

So just to be clear, once a starting pitcher has one bad start, he has "gone off the rails" and turned into a bad prospect?

It wasn't about one bad start, it was about how he looked in that one bad start. No command, mediocre fastball getting torched, etc. That was also more about Iriarte who has been pretty bad for about 5 starts now. 

Thorpe isn't a bad prospect, but I have questioned whether he could get away with a 91 mph fastball since the trade happened. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly

I’m not sure being concerned about Thorpe’s fastball is an opinion.  It’s his whole thing.  He has a slower fastball- that’s his whole write up.  

I don’t know what I’m exactly trying to say here, but like, there isn’t a person on earth who doesn’t see the MPH of his fastball and note it.  

There isn’t a camp of people unconcerned about his slow fastball and then a camp of people who are concerned.  Everyone knows about it. 

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Calling people "hot garbage" isn't expressing concern. 

I wasn't calling people that, i was talking about the trade, right now, on 6/18/24. 

If you don't understand that right now meant in this very moment, on this very date, with plenty of room for improvement.........idk what to tell you and there's no reason to continue arguing with someone in bad faith. 

I have explained what I meant multiple times, and that I wasn't casting any final judgment on anyone. Making a comment about a snapshot in time. If you don't understand that, that's on you. 

1 hour ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

It's not just about Thorpe, it's about Iriarte and Zavala too. 

It's also about more than SSS.  Looking for reasons to jump off of bridges with one bad start is overreaction theater 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

It wasn't about one bad start, it was about how he looked in that one bad start. No command, mediocre fastball getting torched, etc. That was also more about Iriarte who has been pretty bad for about 5 starts now. 

Thorpe isn't a bad prospect, but I have questioned whether he could get away with a 91 mph fastball since the trade happened. 

It's not about one bad start... but back to his one bad start.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

I wasn't calling people that, i was talking about the trade, right now, on 6/18/24. 

If you don't understand that right now meant in this very moment, on this very date, with plenty of room for improvement.........idk what to tell you and there's no reason to continue arguing with someone in bad faith. 

I have explained what I meant multiple times, and that I wasn't casting any final judgment on anyone. Making a comment about a snapshot in time. If you don't understand that, that's on you. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Bad faith? You complain, daily, about most prospects. They're prospects. They will adjust to the league, then the league will adjust back. Pitchers will be instructed to work on a particular pitch, set-up or sequence, regardless of the results, just to learn. Bad months will ensue. We're all looking at the same games, the same dataset.

To constantly express concern where there aren't really issues has a name. It's called concern trolling. It has been duly noted that you have concerns, and haven't bought in to any player in our system, and won't until they're enshrined in the HOF. You choose to remind us every day. You are casting judgement. You don't have the power to cast "final" judgement, so I have no idea what needle you're threading there. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2