6/18 Astros @ White Sox 7:10 pm - relitigating 2005

Benintendi's OPS is .343 against lefties this year. Colas has reverse splits. They should be sitting Benintendi at every opportunity, or at least, DH him, and put Julks in LF. 

• Like 2

Does anybody agree with this thought?  With tonight's lineup (probably as good as we can do) and the way Houston is somewhat struggling/ underachieving at this time, if the Sox threw the right pitcher (Crochet or Fedde), I think the Sox have a better chance of winning down in Houston now, than they did in the playoffs three years ago. 

Three years ago, we didn't have a starter during the playoffs who was pitching close to as well as Fedde and Crochet are throwing right now. And just my memory of those playoffs, but I just felt the Sox were completely overmatched during that series, even at the Rate, that the odds of they winning any of those games just seemed very small. Yes, they did win one game, but had to score 12 runs to do it. 

It's kind of a statement about how important starting pitching really is. Even as terrible as this present Sox team is, with the right starters (as opposed to what the Sox had in the playoffs three years ago), it just seems they have a better chance to win down there now, then the playoff team of three years ago. 

8 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Does anybody agree with this thought?  With tonight's lineup (probably as good as we can do) and the way Houston is somewhat struggling/ underachieving at this time, if the Sox threw the right pitcher (Crochet or Fedde), I think the Sox have a better chance of winning down in Houston now, than they did in the playoffs three years ago. 

Three years ago, we didn't have a starter during the playoffs who was pitching close to as well as Fedde and Crochet are throwing right now. And just my memory of those playoffs, but I just felt the Sox were completely overmatched during that series, even at the Rate, that the odds of they winning any of those games just seemed very small. Yes, they did win one game, but had to score 12 runs to do it. 

It's kind of a statement about how important starting pitching really is. Even as terrible as this present Sox team is, with the right starters (as opposed to what the Sox had in the playoffs three years ago), it just seems they have a better chance to win down there now, then the playoff team of three years ago. 

Amazing series. Looking back at the box scores, every single White Sox pitcher got a clear shot to completely s%*# the bed. And boy did they ever. To a man. 

37 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Our front office staff still doesn't understand twitter photo cropping and we are on lineup 74. I guess no one wants to see who's in the 5-9 spots anyway.

This is the same crack staff that tweeted their video capture software wasn't working. Real geniuses.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Our front office staff still doesn't understand twitter photo cropping and we are on lineup 74. I guess no one wants to see who's in the 5-9 spots anyway.

The fact that they had a tweet saying 'our video clipping software is down. Luis Robert hit a home run!' on the home page beneath said video of the home run kinda says it all.

The tweet itself — I can almost see the social media producer leaning into the team destitution, knowing the fans are gonna react angrily. But then I see the fact that they still can't fucking format these.

• Paper Bag 1

Since our team is what it is… I figure I’ll begin a new tradition.

In each of our game threads I’ll now highlight other games around the league which figure to be the most important or best match ups.

Today that distinction goes to:

1.) Baltimore v New York

2.) Cleveland v Seattle

8 minutes ago, hi8is said:

In each of our game threads I’ll now highlight other games around the league which figure to be the most important or best match ups.

1.) Baltimore v New York

2.) Cleveland v Seattle

ReyLo vs. Skubal tomorrow, Sale vs. Rodon Friday

8 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Gonna be tough since he was DFA'd

Sorta fingered he would still be around unless Judge gets injured. 

43 minutes ago, hi8is said:

1.) Baltimore v New York

2.) Cleveland v Seattle

How about you tweet the 05 game one starting lineup and give an at bat by at bat highlight. 05 is all we have or will have ... forgot 1959

1 minute ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I bet Schriffen will. He's actually younger than Benetti and from NYC to boot. 

I had gone to the last 3 pride nights with my son but completely forgot about it this season. They had given out pretty cool tshirts designed by local fans but I don't know if they did that this year. Maybe we will go to Christmas in July to get a Cuban Comet sandwich.

17 minutes ago, socksless joe said:

How about you tweet the 05 game one starting lineup and give an at bat by at bat highlight. 05 is all we have or will have ... forgot 1959

Yawn.