6/18 Astros @ White Sox 7:10 pm - relitigating 2005

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Could also ask him where the Dodger started. I used to live about 5 blocks from Ebbet's field home plate, it's outside a housing project in Crown Heights now.

They have the same thing with Forbes Field in Pittsburgh, where the home plate is encased in plastic inside of a UPitt Medical School building and I'm pretty sure one part of the original RF wall is still standing as well honoring Clemente.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Looks like if the trendline continues that Vaughn will get at least ONE more season with the White Sox with his OPS nearing .700ish.

Honestly can't believe there might be yet another season of Sheets, but no obvious replacements in their minor league system to take those at-bats.  Elko, I guess?   Baldwin?

CrazyEST idea: If Eloy starts hitting, but there's no trade interest, pick up the option and throw him at 1B.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They have the same thing with Forbes Field in Pittsburgh, where the home plate is encased in plastic inside of a UPitt Medical School building and I'm pretty sure one part of the original RF wall is still standing as well honoring Clemente.

It's pretty cool honestly. I was canvassing the area as a twentysomething and stumbled onto it. I love s%*# like that on the east coast, lots of monuments like that.

• Like 1

Absolutely dumbfounded that Jon Singleton is still around with Houston...

One of the first "head shaking" early extension guys out there.   I think the other guy at that time was a 1B with Seattle, White was his name?  Logan?

• Like 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

GO f*** YOURSELF SCHRIFFEN! POS CARRYING WATER FOR GETZ AND THEN GETS INTERRUPTED BY A FUCKING PROMO. 

why do we root for this team that hates us. STFU Stone too. 

That was fucking embarrassing.  What a clown.  Just like Getz.

• Paper Bag 1

Makes total sense but we'll never consider it. 

That and his salary terms aren't exactly favorable.

Can just imagine already that situation where he gets run over/collision OR the old "gator arm" where he's fully extended for a throw off the bag and ends up getting a torn UCL or shoulder injury.

• Like 1

It's pretty cool honestly. I was canvassing the area as a twentysomething and stumbled onto it. I love s%*# like that on the east coast, lots of monuments like that.

I don't even remember the street, but there's a marker in the sidewalk where the Haymarket Square riots started. It's about 4" in diameter, and that's all that commemorates it. We had friends visit from Soviet East Germany, and it was fun to point to that and tell them THIS is where the international worker's movement began. 

Absolutely dumbfounded that Jon Singleton is still around with Houston...

One of the first "head shaking" early extension guys out there.   I think the other guy at that time was a 1B with Seattle, White was his name?  Logan?

He just got shuffled from Seattle to Atlanta to Anaheim in a contract shell game this off-season. 

2 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Knocking on wood here, but what's the longest a SP has gone for us so far? I feel like its 7+ or something like that. I don't remember anything longer. 

Cannon 72 pitches thru 6

Fedde went 8 and a third back in April once. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

DJ and Kasper are a welcome respite from that s%*# show of an announcing pairing.

They've settled in quite nicely.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

That was fucking embarrassing.  What a clown.  Just like Getz.

you just know sox management told him to say something to address it after the hub bub online after the tweet. the org thinks we are the dumbest people in the world. like the ones like us watching this horse s%*# are going to be easily fooled? GMAFB.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

you just know sox management told him to say something to address it after the hub bub online after the tweet. the org thinks we are the dumbest people in the world. like the ones like us watching this horse s%*# are going to be easily fooled? GMAFB.

I totally believe it.  This is why he was hired.  JR loves Schriffen.  A new minion to spread his BS lies.

I’m just waiting for whatever excuse they come up with to cancel SoxFest.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1