6/18 Astros @ White Sox 7:10 pm - relitigating 2005

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Absolutely dumbfounded that Jon Singleton is still around with Houston...

One of the first "head shaking" early extension guys out there.   I think the other guy at that time was a 1B with Seattle, White was his name?  Logan?

Evan White. He's got a buyout for 2026. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

Evan White. He's got a buyout for 2026. 

Legend. A guy Dipoto thought was going to be a 3 WAR 1B based on defense and hitting 250/340/400 but that had never done anything profile or stats wise to suggest that.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952dufr4vtnzca80vh1sl

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

grounds out on the pitcherest pitch of all time a sinker 5 inches below the zone.

Bet.

I walk every day, pretty much cut red meat out of my diet, get regular checkups, all in a bid to live long enough to savor the day the White Sox decline to give a qualifying offer to Benintendi when his contract runs out. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Legend. A guy Dipoto thought was going to be a 3 WAR 1B based on defense and hitting 250/340/400 but that had never done anything profile or stats wise to suggest that.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952dufr4vtnzca80vh1sl

Danny DeVito makes me laugh out loud.

• Like 1

genius, because of a bad 1B, an idiot manager, you know have 1st and 3rd in a two run game with nobody warming and you HAVE to just let him pitch here. 

Now someone is up. It is to laugh bro. 

gets out of it, but still, that's the type of s%*# that loses games, over and over. 

I was fine leaving Cannon in, this season doesn't matter but I can see how we want to get him a look in that situation. Pitched through it (and they may let him start the eighth, which I'm iffy on).

Either way, pencil this guy in the rest of the year.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:
Cannon gave up one run on July 13th...previous game, 0 ER.                        

You ahead of us a month over there in China? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Heads22 said:

I was fine leaving Cannon in, this season doesn't matter but I can see how we want to get him a look in that situation. Pitched through it (and they may let him start the eighth, which I'm iffy on).

Either way, pencil this guy in the rest of the year.

Good point, we're not exactly trying to win at the expense of getting him some experience. 

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I walk every day, pretty much cut red meat out of my diet, get regular checkups, all in a bid to live long enough to savor the day the White Sox decline to give a qualifying offer to Benintendi when his contract runs out. 

It could always be worse.  I think a lot of people forget that the Cubs non-tendered Schwarber after the 2020 season.  He was projected to earn $9 to $10 million via arbitration and they didn’t think he was worth it.  They literally got nothing for him.

142 homers later…

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

damn the hydropower lobby running ads in WA state (lol didn't know they had one) in between innings. 

Huh?

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Good point, we're not exactly trying to win at the expense of getting him some experience. 

There's arguments for both, but I'd rather see him get a chance than watch our bullpen blow it again....which there is still time for

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Huh?

controversial topic, salmon are fucked, but we need power. everybody knows about the grand coolie but a lot of smaller plants are potentially going to get torn down to try and restore the fisheries. 

• Like 2

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

That sweeper is pretty crazy.  He needs to start it out a bit further in on the right handers though.

i see a lot of bums that just throw the sweeper cause it's trendy and it's better than a s%*# breaking ball or changeup but cannon's really moves. it's not just a show me get me over offering.