CANNON FIRE! And that is a White Sox winner!

Just now, reiks12 said:

Anything on what Cannon did differently these last few outings? 1 ER in his last 18.2 innings. 

if he's sitting 94 on his fastball and has a sweeper that he can command for a strike that breaks 18 inches horizonal at 91-93 that will work. If he can keep this up who knows. Form comes and goes for pitchers too. But he looks the part for sure right now. Good frame and obviously has some endurance.

4 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Anything on what Cannon did differently these last few outings? 1 ER in his last 18.2 innings. 

I really liked his stuff when he first got called up. Seemed like he had command issues back then, but this 2nd stint has seen better command and better results. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I really liked his stuff when he first got called up. Seemed like he had command issues back then, but this 2nd stint has seen better command and better results. 

I thought he looked pretty bad didn't he make a relief appearance that sucked? Just going off his stats overall at this point he's solid. Going to have to live and die with some BABIP luck but if he can command his stuff like that he's not going to see too much traffic.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Gotta root for the kids and anyone on the trade block if you want the team to maximize trade returns.

Think I'm convinced to just sell it down to the studs. Just hope and hope Getz somehow comes out looking good in a couple years. Nothing is going to change regardless of how the team performs imo.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I thought he looked pretty bad didn't he make a relief appearance that sucked? Just going off his stats overall at this point he's solid. Going to have to live and die with some BABIP luck but if he can command his stuff like that he's not going to see too much traffic.

Yeah he was decent in his 2 starts, but terrible in that relief appearance. I remember I liked how his change up and sweeper looked though. Anything could happen at this point, but he's trending in the right direction. His scouting grades also aren't that bad. FanGraphs gave him 50+ grades on 4 of his pitches. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

He said he went back down to Charlotte to work on some deficiencies but didn't say what they were. Didn't throw many 4 seamers tonight.

Sweeper sinker mainly but good use of the change up too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yeah he was decent in his 2 starts, but terrible in that relief appearance. I remember I liked how his change up and sweeper looked though. Anything could happen at this point, but he's trending in the right direction. His scouting grades also aren't that bad. FanGraphs gave him 50+ grades on 4 of his pitches. 

Had did have a scoreless 3 inning relief appearance that started his dominant run after he came back up. Then the last 2 starts of 15.2 inning of 1 ER.

• Like 1