6/19 Juneteenth matchup: Enron Astros @ Exelon White Sox - avenging 2021

29 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Sorry to be pasting the Twitter post. I filled up my photo allotment on this site, and am trying to delete as many as possible. 

The mods give you way less storage than everyone else because you like Getz

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Sox outlook is suddenly much sunnier than the 14 game losing streak. Is this team capable of .500 the rest of the way with the new starting staff? Bullpen still blows and bats could go either way on a given night. It's the heat of summer now however and bats will be at their highest possible level (for the roster) the rest of the steamy summer season.

Sox go .490 the rest of the way?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Sox outlook is suddenly much sunnier than the 14 game losing streak. Is this team capable of .500 the rest of the way with the new starting staff? Bullpen still blows and bats could go either way on a given night. It's the heat of summer now however and bats will be at their highest possible level (for the roster) the rest of the steamy summer season.

No.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, greg775 said:

No

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wow, what a surprise that Lipman and and 2023 would disagree with greg775's optimism or any sort of optimistic outlook. I really am shocked. Of course they both want all the good players, or even anyone close, traded away so they can continue to be a total dump fest on the Sox this year. Pretty soon hibiscus will join them and we'll have all three of three of them trashing the Sox. Maybe we'll be lucky and one of them will go with the poop emoji again. I know I can't wait. 

But back on greg's post:  All of a sudden,  with this starting staff, I think .500 or close is very possible. That's kind of the point of my post yesterday about how I feel more confident about beating Houston now than that playoff team in 2021. (But I realize Houston is down now, too.)

Now two huge ifs with that. 1) Key people can't get hurt, especially pitchers, and . . . 

We can NOT, not, not trade away of our good players, especially our excellent young pitchers; but really, Sox can't afford to trade anyone of value and expect to chase .500 the rest of the way, the talent on this team is too, too thin. 

I agree with what someone (was it greg) said yesterday: if we keep this starting pitching, get some decent relievers, and a couple bats; Sox can go .500 next year and try to win the division. 

Sorry big three complainers, I have to try to counterbalance your pessimism. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, vilehoopster said:

Wow, what a surprise that Lipman and and 2023 would disagree with greg775's optimism or any sort of optimistic outlook. I really am shocked. Of course they both want all the good players, or even anyone close, traded away so they can continue to be a total dump fest on the Sox this year. Pretty soon hibiscus will join them and we'll have all three of three of them trashing the Sox. Maybe we'll be lucky and one of them will go with the poop emoji again. I know I can't wait. 

But back on greg's post:  All of a sudden,  with this starting staff, I think .500 or close is very possible. That's kind of the point of my post yesterday about how I feel more confident about beating Houston now than that playoff team in 2021. (But I realize Houston is down now, too.)

Now two huge ifs with that. 1) Key people can't get hurt, especially pitchers, and . . . 

We can NOT, not, not trade away of our good players, especially our excellent young pitchers; but really, Sox can't afford to trade anyone of value and expect to chase .500 the rest of the way, the talent on this team is too, too thin. 

I agree with what someone (was it greg) said yesterday: if we keep this starting pitching, get some decent relievers, and a couple bats; Sox can go .500 next year and try to win the division. 

Narrator:  Last time greg made this post, the Sox had a team record losing streak.  Let's see what happens now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Which players are you referring to here?  Obviously, the Sox aren’t trading away guys like Thorpe and Cannon, but unless you’ve been living under a rock, it’s obvious that Getz will be looking to deal almost everyone else.  If you don’t think it’s going to happen, you are living in your own fantasy world.  And once it does happen, that will likely ensure that the Sox will be just as bad after the trade deadline, if not worse.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Yes, he was being one, wasn't he? Now all he has to do is post about 15 negative comments on this thread alone, and he'll be up there with you. 

So it’s completely negative to think that the Sox won’t be better and to the tune of a .490 winning percentage in the second half of this season once they trade away guys like Crochet, Fedde, Pham, DeJong, etc., and possibly even Robert?

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vilehoopster said:

Who's hibiscus ?

46 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

So it’s completely negative to think that the Sox won’t be better and to the tune of a .490 winning percentage in the second half of this season once they trade away guys like Crochet, Fedde, Pham, DeJong, etc., and possibly even Robert?

Funny how the factual truth is dismissed as negativity by those who don't want to face it.

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Funny how the factual truth is dismissed as negativity by those who don't want to face it.

It's one thing to say that the team is bad. It's quite another to chase down any bit of convo that isn't negative, and chastise the commenter because they're "delusional" or whatnot. If somebody interrupted you every sentence to remind you that you were going to die one day, so nothing you say or do matters, you would embrace that and thank them for the reminder every time, right? LOL. 

I see positives. Korey Lee looks good and DeJong is having a good season. Their starting pitcher depth is impressive going forward. I enjoy watching Julks and Pham compete. They also showed they can win hitting home runs. I think Sosa is a major leaguer. But I see a real deficit of leadership. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Who's hibiscus ?

That’s actually pretty cute. ? I guess I’m lumped into the pessimistic crowd these days but I consider myself a realist.