6/19 Juneteenth matchup: Enron Astros @ Exelon White Sox - avenging 2021

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I've never seen a player dog it more often than Beni, it doesn't matter what is hit at him, he jogs. It's pretty incredible. 

Already got his homer in.

Wonder if Crochet's starting to hit his expected wall/ceiling between 80-90ish innings pitched?

Velo 96-97, touching 98 tonight?

Looking at the last inning or so, more cutters at 90-93 and fewer fastballs, usually 95-97.  Seems the velo is down now a tick or two, or he's learning how to conserve his "A" fastball for critical high leverage situations like Chris Sale tended to do.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Sorry I couldn't remember your name and called you Hibiscus. But it good to see you showed up and joined the other two. 

"I really love the White Sox and want them to be the best at something… even if that means being the best at losing this year. ?"

Your posts are so full of such whiny nonsense, I am now rooting for Getz to trade everyone so I can enjoy knowing that you’ll be crying in your pillow on the night of the trade deadline.

• Haha 2

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Your posts are so full of such whiny nonsense, I am now rooting for Getz to trade everyone so I can enjoy knowing that you’ll be crying in your pillow on the night of the trade deadline.

guys on my block list half my page is message ignored vile hoopster. his name checks out.

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

It can still be both, and for the most part, it has been.

Not really at the major league level. I knew it was a longshot to get much back from a lot of the stuffs they signed .

Fedde and Crochet great. Got a decent relief guy for Grossman.Kopech bombed. Pham doing OK. But if they were even on track to match last seasons record it would mean more guys doing better.

Moncada,Eloy and Robert all pretty disastrous.Couldnt get much worse results on all 3 of those guys in the 1st half. Benintendi too. Vaughn until recently. DeJong might net something but I'm hard pressed to think anyone else gets much. Brebbia maybe.Banks? Wilson unless they keep him. I keep thinking one of the youngish OFs ( Colas, DeLoach , Fletcher or Julks ) might get moved paired up  with someone.

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Garrett didn’t have his best stuff tonight but still manages to pick up a quality start. That’s the sign of an ace.

These are not the 2013-2023 Astros...their line-up's overall strength up and down the line-up is way down from 2-3 years ago.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I’m in both camps. It would be lovely for Crochet, Robert, DeJung, Pham, Sheets, Feddie, etc to ball it up while we also set the record for worst team in history.

That would just be glorious.

I really love the White Sox and want them to be the best at something… even if that means being the best at losing this year. ?

Acceptance was the answer to all my problems. ??

Yes but all those guys and young guys like Lee , Cannon Kopech, Fletcher,Deloach Colas, Thorpe ,Sosa plus Moncada,Vaughn, Eloy and a couple more from the dumpster dives performing better could never mean getting close to that kind of record. 

I'd rather all the short contracts all stay healthy and play well and still get traded and not have the Sox even think about keeping Moncada and Eloy.

15 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

guys on my block list half my page is message ignored vile hoopster. his name checks out.

My Hall of Fame List is 22 members deep now. ?