6/19 Juneteenth matchup: Enron Astros @ Exelon White Sox - avenging 2021

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

That’s actually pretty cute. ? I guess I’m lumped into the pessimistic crowd these days but I consider myself a realist.

Hey you agreed with me when I said I had to root for wins because wins mean better trade returns and the kids are performing well when it seemed like half of Soxtalk was rooting for losses and total embarrassment.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Hey you agreed with me when I said I had to root for wins because wins mean better trade returns and the kids are performing well when it seemed like half of Soxtalk was rooting for losses and total embarrassment.

It can still be both, and for the most part, it has been.

46 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I think the dreamers are basing their dream-casting on a set of things that won't happen. They're going to move Crochet, Robert, and Fedde. 

Eventually but I've expressed doubts on both Robert and Crochet being moved this deadline.

That out at 3rd was an example of how this year's team is different from last year's team. No way last year's team would have gotten that out. Either Grandal would have been asleep and not seen it. Or whoever was the pitcher would have not have stepped off the mound correctly and quickly enough. Or the 3rd basemen, Yoan or whover, would not have been there or been able to make the catch and tag

Somewhere along the way, something would have broken down last year, probably in a couple places. 

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I’m in both camps. It would be lovely for Crochet, Robert, DeJung, Pham, Sheets, Feddie, etc to ball it up while we also set the record for worst team in history.

That would just be glorious.

I really love the White Sox and want them to be the best at something… even if that means being the best at losing this year. ?

Acceptance was the answer to all my problems. ??

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Just turned the game on. Seems like a weird one. Astros Babip is over .500 (7/13). Kinda crazy.

Lots of Hawk specials.

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

what are those horrific white seats in the RF stands?

It's the Miller Lite Landing (premium section). 

The first 4 rows are cushy wide seats with TV's and tickets come with a $20 voucher for concession. (So like 1.5 beers) 

Row 1 is on field level right behind the right field fence. It's also where people enter the "Beer Cave" which is one of my favorite parts of the park. (Pro tip - when most of the 100 level concessions have long lines you can almost always get an instant beer or take a piss down here with no line) Even if the entire section is empty and you try to sit in these seats security will kick you out because they are "premium". You are still allowed to stand right behind the seats and there are some tables to put your drink on. It's a cool vantage point. 

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/tickets/miller-lite-landing

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Eventually but I've expressed doubts on both Robert and Crochet being moved this deadline.

It makes more sense for a team to acquire Crochet in the offseason. I'd guess Robert next TDL. 

1 minute ago, DoUEvenShift said:

It's the Miller Lite Landing (premium section). 

The first 4 rows are cushy wide seats with TV's and tickets come with a $20 voucher for concession. (So like 1.5 beers) 

Row 1 is on field level right behind the right field fence. It's also where people enter the "Beer Cave" which is one of my favorite parts of the park. (Pro tip - when most of the 100 level concessions have long lines you can almost always get an instant beer or take a piss down here with no line) Even if the entire section is empty and you try to sit in these seats security will kick you out because they are "premium". You are still allowed to stand right behind the seats and there are some tables to put your drink on. It's a cool vantage point. 

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/tickets/miller-lite-landing

20 years behind the concept, but cool nonetheless.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Or here's a crazy thought: you root for the Sox to win because you enjoy watching the Sox win games. And hope that management doesn't trade away all the good players so they can continue to have a solid chance to win. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry I couldn't remember your name and called you Hibiscus. But it good to see you showed up and joined the other two. 

"I really love the White Sox and want them to be the best at something… even if that means being the best at losing this year. ?"

2 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

so they can continue to have a solid chance to win. 

You’re funny and are nearing Hall of Fame List worthiness.

1 minute ago, vilehoopster said:

Sorry I couldn't remember your name and called you Hibiscus. But it good to see you showed up and joined the other two. 

"I really love the White Sox and want them to be the best at something… even if that means being the best at losing this year. ?"

Yea, Hall of Fame List it is. Thanks for the laughs.