6/19 Juneteenth matchup: Enron Astros @ Exelon White Sox - avenging 2021

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yes but all those guys and young guys like Lee , Cannon Kopech, Fletcher,Deloach Colas, Thorpe ,Sosa plus Moncada,Vaughn, Eloy and a couple more from the dumpster dives performing better could never mean getting close to that kind of record. 

I'd rather all the short contracts all stay healthy and play well and still get traded and not have the Sox even think about keeping Moncada and Eloy.

Word.

Exceeding the worst record in history was always an ambitious prospect. It’s obviously more important that we extract value than meeting some arbitrary laughing stock status…

But I’m shooting for the moon. ?

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Or here's a crazy thought: you root for the Sox to win because you enjoy watching the Sox win games. And hope that management doesn't trade away all the good players so they can continue to have a solid chance to win. 

Reinsdorf is still the owner. And I'm not into rooting for him to die.

I do roots for wins. I just know we aren't going resign the 31 yr old Fedde and Id rather get value that results in 6 years of cheap labor than nothing for guys who are always injured or underperforming. I'll take more wins later at the expense of signing a bunch of old veterans who are the only guys Reinsdorf let's them sign usually and then they suck.

I'm shooting for a Tampa Bay type team.Keep trading guys with 2 years left before they get expensive. Keep the youth coming it, and maybe JR doesn't live to 100 and a new owner is more conducive to hiring practices that allow the team to join the 21st century.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

if you find yourself in a flame war in a game thread for a .280 team reconsider things. just saying.

ESPECIALLY if you're a mod

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I remember when I was a Vaughn defender.  I know he’s had a couple hot weeks, but I can’t wait to never see him in a Sox uniform again.  What a huge disappointment.

An absolute can't miss player they said... I wonder if the Sox complete mismanagement of him contributed to his busting. 

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

An absolute can't miss player they said... I wonder if the Sox complete mismanagement of him contributed to his busting. 

I was all aboard the Vaughn hype train. Like our team in general, it’s a sad story.

• Like 1

Just now, Milkman delivers said:

I didn’t catch all of the last two games, but saw most of them. From what I saw, it’s hard to believe the Astros have a better record than the Sox. They seem even dumber than us.

They let Abreu go (finally), and we can't let Maldonado go. So they are smarter than us in my book

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Going to be a battle with the Rays for the rest of the season for #27/28 in attendance.

Miami and Oakland hopelessly behind.

Maybe they could use a second team in Colorado, lol....on second thought, best not, although the White Sox previously had their AAA team in Denver for a couple of years, the Zephyrs (1983-84).

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Sox scored a run.  No shutout streak still intact!

This has gotta be like 4-5 games now where they avoided a shutout on the back of a solo home run. 

• Paper Bag 1

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

It makes more sense for a team to acquire Crochet in the offseason. I'd guess Robert next TDL. 

While there is a lack of certainty as to how many games he can pitch, if he stays with the Sox, that uncertainty should still exist at the end of the season, as the Sox should limit his innings as health is #1 priority.
  An acquiring team, however,  should just keep pitching him; No one knows what that limit is, if it even exists.  After all, he's already well exceeded his previous output.  I heard Law suggest that the acquirer give him a contract that buys out his arb years, and just tell him that we'll pitch you until you feel uncomfortable.  
In all, I'm not so sure that the price will be better in the offseason.

Edited by GreenSox

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Going to be a battle with the Rays for the rest of the season for #27/28 in attendance.

Miami and Oakland hopelessly behind.

Maybe they could use a second team in Colorado, lol....on second thought, best not, although the White Sox previously had their AAA team in Denver for a couple of years, the Zephyrs (1983-84).

They also were a White Sox affiliate in 1975.

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

It couldn't have helped rushing him to the majors and then having him have to play the outfield.

• Like 1