6/19 Juneteenth matchup: Enron Astros @ Exelon White Sox - avenging 2021

5 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

Wow, what a surprise that Lipman and and 2023 would disagree with greg775's optimism or any sort of optimistic outlook. I really am shocked. Of course they both want all the good players, or even anyone close, traded away so they can continue to be a total dump fest on the Sox this year. Pretty soon hibiscus will join them and we'll have all three of three of them trashing the Sox. Maybe we'll be lucky and one of them will go with the poop emoji again. I know I can't wait. 

But back on greg's post:  All of a sudden,  with this starting staff, I think .500 or close is very possible. That's kind of the point of my post yesterday about how I feel more confident about beating Houston now than that playoff team in 2021. (But I realize Houston is down now, too.)

Now two huge ifs with that. 1) Key people can't get hurt, especially pitchers, and . . . 

We can NOT, not, not trade away of our good players, especially our excellent young pitchers; but really, Sox can't afford to trade anyone of value and expect to chase .500 the rest of the way, the talent on this team is too, too thin. 

I agree with what someone (was it greg) said yesterday: if we keep this starting pitching, get some decent relievers, and a couple bats; Sox can go .500 next year and try to win the division. 

Sorry big three complainers, I have to try to counterbalance your pessimism. 

I agree with you because there are other ways to build a team than the tank thing. Look, Sox catch a break with the rotation looking mediocre of late with probably a ceiling of 6 out of 10. Allegedly we have some great pitchers in AA for next season. That would mean purchasing two good relievers with Jerry's cheap pockets. The hitting? How bout 2 good free agent bats (so that's signing 4 players for huge bucks; geez at some point Jerry has to fork over 'some' dough if he wants to own a fricking MLB team). Maybe Beni in year three as a Sox would at least learn to hit .270. Maybe Vaughn is close to being a .280 hitter with 30 HRs. I've given up on Sheets. Our catcher looks like a good one. Robert is allegedly a star despite the .180 average. I do know one thing. If there's a total firesale this season (which I'm no prima donna, it likely will happen), then the Sox will be even worse next season and again out of it after 3 weeks in April. Just my takes.

As far as tonight, cmon Sox 9 Ks and one BB won't cut it. Also Crochet is outstanding but tonight they did get bat on ball a bit. I'm not a big fan of his leg kick but I do love the guy overall.

6 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

Wow, what a surprise that Lipman and and 2023 would disagree with greg775's optimism or any sort of optimistic outlook. I really am shocked. Of course they both want all the good players, or even anyone close, traded away so they can continue to be a total dump fest on the Sox this year. Pretty soon hibiscus will join them and we'll have all three of three of them trashing the Sox. Maybe we'll be lucky and one of them will go with the poop emoji again. I know I can't wait. 

But back on greg's post:  All of a sudden,  with this starting staff, I think .500 or close is very possible. That's kind of the point of my post yesterday about how I feel more confident about beating Houston now than that playoff team in 2021. (But I realize Houston is down now, too.)

Now two huge ifs with that. 1) Key people can't get hurt, especially pitchers, and . . . 

We can NOT, not, not trade away of our good players, especially our excellent young pitchers; but really, Sox can't afford to trade anyone of value and expect to chase .500 the rest of the way, the talent on this team is too, too thin. 

I agree with what someone (was it greg) said yesterday: if we keep this starting pitching, get some decent relievers, and a couple bats; Sox can go .500 next year and try to win the division. 

Sorry big three complainers, I have to try to counterbalance your pessimism. 

The Sox lost tonight after scoring one run.

Poop ?.

• Haha 1

Imagine a core offense of Vaughn Sheets and Ben scoring more than two runs per game. Robert is not much better. Too many 500 ops guys around. 

6 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Reinsdorf is still the owner. And I'm not into rooting for him to die.

I do roots for wins. I just know we aren't going resign the 31 yr old Fedde and Id rather get value that results in 6 years of cheap labor than nothing for guys who are always injured or underperforming. I'll take more wins later at the expense of signing a bunch of old veterans who are the only guys Reinsdorf let's them sign usually and then they suck.

I'm shooting for a Tampa Bay type team.Keep trading guys with 2 years left before they get expensive. Keep the youth coming it, and maybe JR doesn't live to 100 and a new owner is more conducive to hiring practices that allow the team to join the 21st century.

So, you're rooting for JR to die.