6/21 - Sox v Kitty Cats @ 5:40 CST

10 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Game of the day should actually be the Braves at the Yankees.

Sale toe to toe with Rodon.

MLB lists Sale’s nickname as “The Conductor.” I don’t think I’ve ever heard that.

Edward Scissorhands would be more appropriate.

Made a post in the ticket exchange, but figured I'd post here where a few more eyes would see.  Heading to town next weekend with a few couples for a concert.  Going to bring the group the park for the game Saturday.  Interest will generally be low as I am the only Sox fan, but something to do for the afternoon.  Are Sox currently policing upper deck / lower deck tickets with their low attendance?  Hate to buy decent tickets for a group of 8 that won't care about the game, but I have no interest in sitting upper deck.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Made a post in the ticket exchange, but figured I'd post here where a few more eyes would see.  Heading to town next weekend with a few couples for a concert.  Going to bring the group the park for the game Saturday.  Interest will generally be low as I am the only Sox fan, but something to do for the afternoon.  Are Sox currently policing upper deck / lower deck tickets with their low attendance?  Hate to buy decent tickets for a group of 8 that won't care about the game, but I have no interest in sitting upper deck.  

I haven't been for a few years, but I'd buy upper deck tickets, then grease the Andy Frain dude $20+ to let you into the lower deck. 

• Quin pinned this topic
19 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

MLB lists Sale’s nickname as “The Conductor.” I don’t think I’ve ever heard that.

Edward Scissorhands would be more appropriate.

I remember the "The Condor"

B-Ref has "Stickman" and "The Conductor" listed but both of those suck after Condor

1 hour ago, Quin said:

I remember the "The Condor"

B-Ref has "Stickman" and "The Conductor" listed but both of those suck after Condor

The Condor seems familiar, but still not great. I feel like Conductor is a typo for Condor. I doubt anyone would call home either.

AV has gotten better as the season has gone on and seems to have worked on his game. If you want to be a good player the one thing he needs to work on is he cannot be a helicopter when there's guys on base, I appreciate that he wants to drive guys in but you have to be selective and look for your pitch

Flaherty continuing to show the Orioles they made a mistake in letting him go....although obviously didn't pitch great LAST season.    With all the injuries, now they are short on pitching, even with the addition of Burnes (obviously Hall also departed to MIL).

ERA for Flaherty now below 3 at 2.97.

Well, at least we didn't extend Colt Keith, there's that.

Still struggling at a 588 ops, with a .233 BA, those are some pretty darned ugly XB and BB numbers there, and he's not really a strong defender, either.

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, at least we didn't extend Colt Keith, there's that.

Still struggling at a 588 ops, with a .233 BA, those are some pretty darned ugly XB and BB numbers there, and he's not really a strong defender, either.

Extend???

Fedde needs to keep that ERA closer to 3 than 4...can we get at least one decent trade candidate if Crochet or Robert aren't moved, por favor?

Noticed that Remillard has a 419 OPS (yikes) at Charlotte, Montgomery at 717 but still that low average.  Colson should at least be in the 775-825 range playing half his games at that bandbox of a stadium.

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Bwahahaha, that just played a hype video for Andrew Vaughn.

Well, he's ALMOST up to a 700 OPS, but the strikeout in the 1st was deflating.

Who else do they have to hype, with Robert and Crochet both on the chopping block, potentially?