6/21 - Sox v Kitty Cats @ 5:40 CST

17 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

Fire Jason Bourgeois.

Dejong won't sell him out, but I'd bet the house Bourgeois lost track of the outs.  

DeJong was jaking it if he thought there were 2 outs. A strange play.

Edited by Dick Allen

3 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Entire group of veterans this year have made bonehead mistakes 

When they try to slow it down just to make the plays in front of them, they're loafing. When they press to make things happen, they're boneheads. 

18 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

When they try to slow it down just to make the plays in front of them, they're loafing. When they press to make things happen, they're boneheads. 

The idea that the Sox players are too stupid to know when to go full out or ease up is probably the most valid one you have made in a while.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The idea that the Sox players are too stupid to know when to go full out or ease up is probably the most valid one you have made in a while.

I'm not making that point, but run with it. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Did Pedro have any choice words for DeJong's game ending brain-fart? No? 

Yes DeJong lost track of the outs.

DVS of the Sun-Times with the recap:

“Mental lapse there,” DeJong said. “Worried about getting on base and didn’t keep track of it. Totally on me and cost us the game. Feels pretty bad. Just try to do better next time, that’s all I can say.”

Asked about the play, manager Pedro Grifol asked a reporter if DeJong had talked to reporters about it.

“I leave those answers to those guys,’ Grifol said. “They’re professionals. DeJong plays the game hard every day. If he said he had a mental lapse, that’s part of it. We’re all human.”

DeJong said he was “emotionally invested in the review that maybe took me out of the rhythm of the game but I have to do better to check in once the game gets going again.”

16 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Yes DeJong lost track of the outs.

DVS of the Sun-Times with the recap:

“Mental lapse there,” DeJong said. “Worried about getting on base and didn’t keep track of it. Totally on me and cost us the game. Feels pretty bad. Just try to do better next time, that’s all I can say.”

Asked about the play, manager Pedro Grifol asked a reporter if DeJong had talked to reporters about it.

“I leave those answers to those guys,’ Grifol said. “They’re professionals. DeJong plays the game hard every day. If he said he had a mental lapse, that’s part of it. We’re all human.”

DeJong said he was “emotionally invested in the review that maybe took me out of the rhythm of the game but I have to do better to check in once the game gets going again.”

DeJong does it, cool.  Rookie does it and gets exiled to Elba, or maybe Charlotte. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Pedro showing true strength and leadership in his coddling of veterans.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You should have.  Your post would have actually made sense then.

I doubt much in the physical world makes sense to you. Except for honking the horn on your belt, and sitting in a Volkswagen with 23 other circus clowns.

Do you have anything baseball related to post, or are you just about trolling tonight?

Benneti took delight in that final out. Got to forgive the veteran for one mistake but it seems other teams never do stuff like that.

Skipper shoulda been let go after the game. Or suspended. Sadly he doesn't have the team ready for MLB.

2 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Lol that play wasn’t pressing at all. Just flat out dumb.

• Like 1

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

Lol that play wasn’t pressing at all. Just flat out dumb.

Must defend a shitty team…  AT.ALL.COSTS.

The only thing more ridiculous and amusing is the NO SHUTOUT STREAK COUNTER!!!

Nevermind that amazing run differential that the Sox have.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Must defend a shitty team…  AT.ALL.COSTS.

The only thing more ridiculous and amusing is the NO SHUTOUT STREAK COUNTER!!!

Nevermind that amazing run differential that the Sox have.

If not being shutout doesn't matter, then why does run differential? You're grasping at straws. All the mopes loved the string that projected how this team was going to blow away the number of times shutout record. But now that they're scoring runs, "boo-hoo, mommy, the internet's hurting me!!"

25 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

If not being shutout doesn't matter, then why does run differential? You're grasping at straws. All the mopes loved the string that projected how this team was going to blow away the number of times shutout record. But now that they're scoring runs, "boo-hoo, mommy, the internet's hurting me!!"

Scoring one or two runs per game but having almost every single outing blown by the pen or just losing badly isn't quite as interesting.   If you're going all out to be bad, be historically bad while you're at it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Scoring one or two runs per game but having almost every single outing blown by the pen or just losing badly isn't quite as interesting.   If you're going all out to be bad, be historically bad while you're at it.

Well, Getz should now trade off the people other teams want, then start cycling through minor league arms in the rotation and bullpen. But that won't happen until the AA 1st half is over, and the TDL passes in 5.5 weeks. 

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

Well, the all time worst record in 162 games is still in range but you go ahead and focus on shutouts.  ?