6/22 - Chicago Chief Keefs @ Detroit J Dillas 12:10 pm

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Honestly?  The stats the kids put up don't really matter.  It's about getting them playing time, evaluating them, and seeing what they can give you. 

Agreed, once we got past the completely false facade of 'this team can be competitive' that we all knew wasn't the case, it should 100% have shifted to the kids playing daily.

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

Agreed, once we got past the completely false facade of 'this team can be competitive' that we all knew wasn't the case, it should 100% have shifted to the kids playing daily.

It's funny we went from hiring Getz to save a year, yet here we are refusing to do any development or evaluations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tray said:

Need bullpen arms a couple of hitters and a new Manager and the Sox could conceivably get back into the mix in the Central next season instead of last place.

Well that should be super easy to accomplish!!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

A new offense and a new bullpen.  Easy peasy.

Well, tray sees one strong win and turns into greg with his overhyping of a shitty Sox team.

But one thing remains the same — that radioactive fallout shelter ground at “The 78” site.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

That was supposed to be Leasure, Berroa and Iriarte.

Easier said than done in reality.

Three guys with no mlb experience prior to this season? No. Signing someone like Tanner Scott in the offseason? Yes.

6 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Sox are 6-9 over this stretch. That’s with no offense and one of the worst stretches from a bullpen I’ve ever seen. With a decent bullpen it’s probably more like 8-7 or 9-6 and again that’s with a shitty offense. Pitching still wins and that’s a reason for a sliver of hope with this team moving forward.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Three guys with no mlb experience prior to this season? No. Signing someone like Tanner Scott in the offseason? Yes.

Waste of money for how bad the Sox will still be.  Get back to us when the Sox can field a non-AAA lineup.

3 hours ago, tray said:

Thorpe's approach is to try to stay away from the center of the plate and get swings on pitches that are not strikes.

Greg Maddux said it. Make the balls look like strikes and the strikes look like balls. And he was pretty good!

Edited by Stinky Stanky

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Sox are 6-9 over this stretch. That’s with no offense and one of the worst stretches from a bullpen I’ve ever seen. With a decent bullpen it’s probably more like 8-7 or 9-6 and again that’s with a shitty offense. Pitching still wins and that’s a reason for a sliver of hope with this team moving forward.

You are hyping a 15 game stretch of a record?  It’s such a small sample size that even a historically sh1t team like the Sox can still win a few games in that stretch.  Let’s see their record the rest of the way with Crochet, Thorpe, and Cannon.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You are hyping a 15 game stretch of a still bad record?  It’s suck a small sample size that even a historically s%*# team like the Sox can still when less than half of the games in that stretch.  Try harder…

I’m not hyping anything. I’m pointing out that with this starting pitching and a better bullpen the Sox are a lot closer to being competitive than most think. Despite a shitty offense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This seems important, especially when shortly this team will be sans DeJong, Fedde, Crochet, Robert and anyone else of value.Screenshot_20240622_221916_Chrome.jpg

And who is replacing these guys?  Quero, Schultz, and a struggling Montgomery and Ramos?  Where is the other half of the lineup?

14 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

And who is replacing these guys?  Quero, Schultz, and a struggling Montgomery and Ramos?  Where is the other half of the lineup?

Schultz gets here maybe in late 26.  The innings thing is going to hold him back.  Quero really should go through AAA. Honestly none of them should be here this season.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Schultz gets here maybe in late 26.  The innings thing is going to hold him back.  Quero really should go through AAA. Honestly none of them should be here this season.

Yep, and I know you know this but that’s my point regarding winning next season.

57 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

The funniest thing would be if Robert/Crochet aren't traded, then Yoan/Eloy come back and produce with no trade interest. They'll get their reps, and the logjam of starters at AAA and AA fill up the major league rotation and bullpen. That team could actually be good. 

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

A new offense and a new bullpen.  Easy peasy.

True dat but entering the season we had nothing. Now we have excellent starting pitching. I'm telling u guys ... the Sox have to revolutionize pitching to ever win it again. Sox pitchers have to bring in Buehrle to teach the guys to attack and throw strikes. Our starters have to go 7 1/3 nightly cause the Sox are incapable of building a bullpen that would have say, 4 reliable relievers on a given night. We have the starting pitching now. Let's shut down Kopech the rest of the year and work on his mechanics/mental mechanics and decide which young stud pitchers in the system could switch to relief. Sox have great starting pitching. Now all it'll take is 2 hitters in free agency and 2 relievers in free agency to go with system development.

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

True dat but entering the season we had nothing. Now we have excellent starting pitching. I'm telling u guys ... the Sox have to revolutionize pitching to ever win it again. Sox pitchers have to bring in Buehrle to teach the guys to attack and throw strikes. Our starters have to go 7 1/3 nightly cause the Sox are incapable of building a bullpen that would have say, 4 reliable relievers on a given night. We have the starting pitching now. Let's shut down Kopech the rest of the year and work on his mechanics/mental mechanics and decide which young stud pitchers in the system could switch to relief. Sox have great starting pitching. Now all it'll take is 2 hitters in free agency and 2 relievers in free agency to go with system development.

A month from now 2 of those starters will have new homes, maybe more if Flexen goes with like he should. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Based on performances in Double AA and a few games at the big league level?

Greg I hope you are right but I've got to tell you, you are really stretching things to try to make a point here. 

And for all we know JR will order Getz to not spend or have limited spending options for 2025.

Oh and by the way, next year's free agent class is not the best around. 

IF everything goes right and new ownership is in place they may be able to contend in the division in 2027...maybe. 

Edited by Lip Man 1

This team is 36 games under .500 with career seasons from Fedde and Crochet on the first full day of summer.  Do you know how hard it is to be basically 30 games out of first place before July?  And now I have to hear how a 15 game stretch at a winning percentage of .400, you know one that would yield 64 wins over a full season, somehow means has hope?  Look I know some people don't want to believe what is right in front of them, but this is the personification of a dumpster fire, and in the middle of it all, we aren't even taking advantage of it to do any sort of meaningful player evaluations or kids learning on the job.  I am pretty sure if on March 15th you asked me to describe a worst case scenario for 2024, that I would not have come up with something THIS bad.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

A month from now 2 of those starters will have new homes, maybe more if Flexen goes with like he should. 

Not sure what that will accomplish especially with the team close in terms of being strong in one area instead of abysmal in three areas.

41 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Based on performances in Double AA and a few games at the big league level?

Greg I hope you are right but I've got to tell you, you are really stretching things to try to make a point here. 

And for all we know JR will order Getz to not spend or have limited spending options for 2025.

Oh and by the way, next year's free agent class is not the best around. 

IF everything goes right and new ownership is in place they may be able to contend in the division in 2027...maybe. 

Man ... I'm not the BEST business person but to write off 2025, 26 and 27, how can that business stay open? And our division is cleveland, detroit, kc, minnie; one big LOL. And we can't compete til 27 or 28? Geez. I think with my plan (which only requires adding 4 players) Sox have a chance at .500 which means contention. I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

The funniest thing would be if Robert/Crochet aren't traded, then Yoan/Eloy come back and produce with no trade interest. They'll get their reps, and the logjam of starters at AAA and AA fill up the major league rotation and bullpen. That team could actually be good. 

Need to play for FA deals in the offseason.  Or they’re heading forAnderson/Rodon $3 million last chance saloon contracts.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Need to play for FA deals in the offseason.  Or they’re heading forAnderson/Rodon $3 million last chance saloon contracts.

I am digging.