6/22 - Chicago Chief Keefs @ Detroit J Dillas 12:10 pm

32 minutes ago, superchops70 said:

Stone calling out Robert's pathetic lack of hustle. Then Robert somewhat makes up for it by stealing 3rd. 

What kind of play was he not hustling on? 
Nothing is going to change with him, he’s going to show spurts of brilliance but will return to what we see most of the time, another Claudell Washington. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • TLR 1

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Most predictable WestEddy like of all-time…holding you responsible.  

Btw, MLB Gameday had that last out as run/s scored before it was corrected, thought the jinx was on.

Who are you holding responsible, me, or PaleAle? That would be the first accusation of corrupting the youth, here. 

It's almost like the White Sox aren't even trying to lose, today. 

27 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

I hope the people here who wrote off Thorpe already are doing okay. 

hopefully he can get his command under control, the walks will bury him against a good team

• Like 1

Man, I think the thing that is so frustrating right now, is that the young pieces on the roster are indeed fun to watch....but we're stuck with a clown manager who still thinks playing these vets with no future on the team, to save his own ass, is more important.

3 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Love hearing Benetti speak so depressingly monotone, he sounds so sad ? 

Looked like they would be competitive but offense has collapsed this past week.

And at least we didn’t sign a certain Cubs’ ex SS to one of the worst deals in the game, along with Kris Bryant.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Man, I think the thing that is so frustrating right now, is that the young pieces on the roster are indeed fun to watch....but we're stuck with a clown manager who still thinks playing these vets with no future on the team, to save his own ass, is more important.

There’s nothing that can save his ass except JR keeping him since he has to pay him. If somehow JR spends big time this offseason on free agents and the Sox have a chance of winning next year then Griawfol will be gone.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Also great to see Thorpe look better 

Lotta soft contact which is his brand. Strike percentage has to improve against better offenses though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Also great to see Thorpe look better 

I agree, just wish he showed more pitch efficiency so far in his early career.

He doesn't have the profile to go into long counts, not at the big league level at least.

4 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I agree, just wish he showed more pitch efficiency so far in his early career.

He doesn't have the profile to go into long counts, not at the big league level at least.

I watched a few of his barons starts, he went full count regularly down there too

Off Topic. 

The Tigers are 6 under after today. 

What happened to the "great" AJ Hinch hire that was suppose catapult the Tigers into this eras Yankees?

Or at least, that's what Sox fans told me when they skipped him for LaRussa. 

You're only as good as your players and as good as the health of your team.   Period. 

Just now, joejoesox said:

I watched a few of his barons starts, he went full count regularly down there too

Yep, but it's easy to get away with it that at AA.   Reason for his very good K-Rate at the minor league level. 

I wonder if without an overwhelming fastball and spotty command, Thorpe's gonna be a long time MLB arm but he's gonna have his games where he gets shelled and some where he looks great, especially against bad hitting teams. Not the worst way to make a career.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Yep, but it's easy to get away with it that at AA.   Reason for his very good K-Rate at the minor league level. 

That's why everyone in the minors has a K/9 rate of 12+.