2025 Potential Manager Candidates

I think it’s safe to say there will be a new skipper in the dugout next season. 

I heard Nightengale already name drop Skip Schumaker as a potential candidate. Supposedly he wants out of Miami? I’m curious to see who you guys think might be available and/or would be someone Getz will be interested in?

Edited by GreatScott82

55 minutes ago, GreatScott82 said:

I heard Nightengale already name drop Skip Schumaker as a potential candidate. Supposedly he wants out of Miami? I’m curious to see who you guys think might be available and/or would be someone Getz will be interested in?

With JR as owner it is best to never assume anything rational. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

With JR as owner it is best to never assume anything rational. 

Very true. Who in Jerry’s inner circle does he like the most these days.. ? We know back in 2020 it was TLR. Perhaps his old player crush, Harold Baines wants in on the managerial position? 

4 minutes ago, GreatScott82 said:

Very true. Who in Jerry’s inner circle does he like the most these days.. ? We know back in 2020 it was TLR. Perhaps his old player crush, Harold Baines wants in on the managerial position? 

Please no

40 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Whoever is managing KC

This time I would be more than happy with the current KC manager, an old Tampa Bay bench coach from an advanced metric based organization. Matt Quatraro is an excellent manager. KC made the right call with that hire. Makes you wonder why KC didn’t even consider making their own bench coach a manager, yet our former front office thought he was so amazing. ? ? 

• Paper Bag 1

12 minutes ago, GreatScott82 said:

This time I would be more than happy with the current KC manager, an old Tampa Bay bench coach from an advanced metric based organization. Matt Quatraro is an excellent manager. KC made the right call with that hire. Makes you wonder why KC didn’t even consider making their own bench coach a manager, yet our former front office thought he was so amazing. ? ? 

They passed over Grifol twice. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Please no

With Harold having recovered from some very difficult and life threatening situations I can't under any circumstances see him returning to the field. 

• Like 2

I brought up Schumaker because Nightengale also mentioned him being a disciple of LaRussa back in his Cardinal playing days. We all know TLR will have a huge influence on the next managerial hire. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Pedro is here until the end of the season.  He will be the fall guy for Jerry and Getz.  The next hire will of course be someone cheap internally and with ties to the Sox.

I’m trying to wrap my head around the benefit of firing him in the offseason as opposed to already. I think they know this is a rebuild and they think Pedro is their guy. 

1 hour ago, T R U said:

I’m trying to wrap my head around the benefit of firing him in the offseason as opposed to already. I think they know this is a rebuild and they think Pedro is their guy. 

I really really don't think they think Pedro is the guy. 

7 hours ago, GreatScott82 said:

It's gonna be Schumaker, Santos, or Jirchele.  Honestly, I would be ok with any of those three.