2025 Potential Manager Candidates

4 hours ago, PaleAleSox said:

I really really don't think they think Pedro is the guy. 

Ok, so why is he still managing this team? There is no discount for firing him in the offseason. 

Just now, T R U said:

Ok, so why is he still managing this team? There is no discount for firing him in the offseason. 

Part of the reason may be so some individuals don't look so bad in the front office/ownership.

That's just a guess on my part.

One thing this organization has had for decades is big ego's, refusal to admit mistakes, blame the fan base and don't want to be personally embarrassed. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yep, especially after AJP just ripped the team for dumping him a couple months ago.

I did not know that, how did they dump him and over what. I know he ripped the 2024 White Sox which everybody and his uncle has.

I still say he would make a good manager somewhere.

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I did not know that, how did they dump him and over what. I know he ripped the 2024 White Sox which everybody and his uncle has.

I still say he would make a good manager somewhere.

He continuously questioned Jerry’s hiring of Getz last year. Brought up Getz poor track record of development of talent when he was the director of player development from 2017-2020.  He also ripped into the 2023 White Sox disaster quite a bit. When he interviewed Kenyan Middleton and Lance Lynn last year on his podcast, both of those guys exposed the dysfunction of the White Sox clubhouse and on field effort last season.

It’s kind of funny and ironic that the manager that let all of that happen last season is still around this season to oversee the worst White Sox team in history. Either Getz is extremely great friends with Pedro from his KC days OR Jerry is very stubborn and refuses to pay two managers at once when this season doesn’t mean anything anyway. 

Regardless of the reasoning, keeping Pedro around for two consecutive 100 loss seasons shows you just how low the White Sox standard is. Grifol shouldn’t be allowed to manage these prized prospects that are close to graduating to the main roster. The way he handled Colas last season was embarrassing. The double standard he shows the young guys vs the lazy veterans on this team is a joke. 
#FirePedro 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, GreatScott82 said:

He continuously questioned Jerry’s hiring of Getz last year. Brought up Getz poor track record of development of talent when he was the director of player development from 2017-2020.  He also ripped into the 2023 White Sox disaster quite a bit. When he interviewed Kenyan Middleton and Lance Lynn last year on his podcast, both of those guys exposed the dysfunction of the White Sox clubhouse and on field effort last season.

It’s kind of funny and ironic that the manager that let all of that happen last season is still around this season to oversee the worst White Sox team in history. Either Getz is extremely great friends with Pedro from his KC days OR Jerry is very stubborn and refuses to pay two managers at once when this season doesn’t mean anything anyway. 

Regardless of the reasoning, keeping Pedro around for two consecutive 100 loss seasons shows you just how low the White Sox standard is. Grifol shouldn’t be allowed to manage these prized prospects that are close to graduating to the main roster. The way he handled Colas last season was embarrassing. The double standard he shows the young guys vs the lazy veterans on this team is a joke. 
#FirePedro 

There’s no way in hell they can bring back Griawfol next year, if they do this organization is more fucked up than anyone can imagine.

9 hours ago, T R U said:

Ok, so why is he still managing this team? There is no discount for firing him in the off-season. 

JR is not going to pay 2 salaries to a manager this season. Heck, he is probably at least in a 3 year deal so maybe the Sox try another year and then dump him at some point next season. Suppose this is a 5 year deal and we are in year 2? I think I saw that Pedro is actually number 2 behind Counsell. 

33 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

JR is not going to pay 2 salaries to a manager this season. Heck, he is probably at least in a 3 year deal so maybe the Sox try another year and then dump him at some point next season. Suppose this is a 5 year deal and we are in year 2? I think I saw that Pedro is actually number 2 behind Counsell. 

#2 at what?  Certainly not in terms of contract value in MLB...TLR was supposed at around $4 million, Grifol would be incredibly fortunate to even be anywhere close to $1 million, and that seems like highway robbery unless compared to Leury Garcia or Benintendi or Moncada.

Edited by caulfield12

35 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Its wild to see how much money Getz has wasted even just on guys he signed, played for a couple of weeks, and then cut.  This alone is WAY more than 2 years of Pedro, and that is without getting into the wastes on bad signings.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Its wild to see how much money Getz has wasted even just on guys he signed, played for a couple of weeks, and then cut.  This alone is WAY more than 2 years of Pedro, and that is without getting into the wastes on bad signings.  

Seriously. There is no way Pedro is making any amount of money that would even be considered a "dent" in profits. JR sucks so much.

9 hours ago, zisk said:

David Ross. The Cubs version of Rich Rentaria. Respected, players like to play forhim. Also a much better in game manager than Rentaria.

Rick Renteria was the Cubs version of Rick Renteria.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

I mean, he played for Tony. I’m not going to worry about it too much. 

The fact that it’s clear no actual managerial search is going to happen is the part that bothers me.

2 minutes ago, JoeC said:

The fact that it’s clear no actual managerial search is going to happen is the part that bothers me.

The last one got us Grifol. They'd have to get lucky to get it right in any situation. 

16 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

The last one got us Grifol. They'd have to get lucky to get it right in any situation. 

The last one was by Hahn (presumably).

As much as I think Getz is inept as a GM, I prefer to let him unimpeachably own this next hire.