2025 Potential Manager Candidates

18 minutes ago, JoeC said:

The fact that it’s clear no actual managerial search is going to happen is the part that bothers me.

I'd actually be more comfortable with a TLR suggestion at manager than picking at the Royal brain trust. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

I'd actually be more comfortable with a TLR suggestion at manager than picking at the Royal brain trust. 

I'm torn. One of those "I wouldn't belong to any club that'd have someone like me as a member" situations.

Getz said he'd bring a fresh perspective to the org and would change it / make his own mark. As a fan, I'd like to hold him to that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeC said:

The fact that it’s clear no actual managerial search is going to happen is the part that bothers me.

I’d be okay with it as long as they were hyper focused on a legit baseball manager.  Schumaker earned the 2023 NL manager of the year award. He wasn’t a bench coach for a dogcrap team or anything like that. 

To your point though, it’d be nice if they added a few more reputable names to a narrowed down search. As of now, he’s the only name being linked to the White Sox. Albeit it’s extremely early in the process and we still have another grueling 3 months of losing baseball ahead of us. 

1 hour ago, JoeC said:

I'm torn. One of those "I wouldn't belong to any club that'd have someone like me as a member" situations.

Getz said he'd bring a fresh perspective to the org and would change it / make his own mark. As a fan, I'd like to hold him to that.

To be fair he doubled the hiring pool. It used to be ex-Sox.  Getz added ex-Royals to that pool.

• Haha 2
  • Paper Bag 1

22 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

To be fair he doubled the hiring pool. It used to be ex-Sox.  Getz added ex-Royals to that pool.

So considering LaRussa’s ex-Cardinals buddies would make it three whole options!  The organization is getting more open-minded!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, PaleAleSox said:

He was not “on the hot seat.” He turned down his option before the season even started. 

Declined his option after Kim Ng was essentially shown the door. He might be the most sought after candidate next winter, I don't know why he'd want to jump from one dumpster fire with a shitty owner to another.

9 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Declined his option after Kim Ng was essentially shown the door. He might be the most sought after candidate next winter, I don't know why he'd want to jump from one dumpster fire with a shitty owner to another.

Can you see Jerry winning a bidding war for a manager?  Yeah, that.

• Thanks 3

On 6/23/2024 at 8:57 AM, SCCWS said:

JR is not going to pay 2 salaries to a manager this season. Heck, he is probably at least in a 3 year deal so maybe the Sox try another year and then dump him at some point next season. Suppose this is a 5 year deal and we are in year 2? I think I saw that Pedro is actually number 2 behind Counsell. 

He wouldn’t pay two, if Grifol is fired they wouldn’t hire someone immediately there would be an interim manager whose already on staff being paid. 

19 hours ago, Tony said:

Been out of the game for 10 years...WHAT COULD GO WRONG? 

He’s also as old as La Russa and turning 80 at the end of the year.  I don’t think we need to see yet another manager taking his old man naps during the start of games.

On 6/23/2024 at 1:29 PM, JoeC said:

I don’t think so, Getz has gone out the org for his key hires (Barfield, Bannister and Janish). I think he’ll do a search

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boopa1219 said:

I don’t think so, Getz has gone out the org for his key hires (Barfield, Bannister and Janish). I think he’ll do a search

He'll only do a "search" (nudge,nudge, wink, wink SAY no more!) if JR allows him to. 

3 hours ago, Boopa1219 said:

You presume it will be up to Getz...

Between Montoyo, Santos, and Jirchelle, it will be one of them. Getz might do a few token interviews but JR makes these decisions and will go with someone with whom he is already familiar.

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Between Montoyo, Santos, and Jirchelle, it will be one of them. Getz might do a few token interviews but JR makes these decisions and will go with someone with whom he is already familiar.

He wasn’t familiar with Grifol. 

• Like 1