Crochet DeJong Fedde Vaughn Pillar listed among Top 13 trade candidates at MLB.com

caulfield12

56 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

To put it all out there, Baltimore is needs to s%*# or get off of the pot.  They are about to hit a pretty hard core 40 man roster crunch that should almost force them into some 3:1/4:1 type deals where they move guys who are in between off of the roster to open up spots for the next guys they have to protect this winter.  It's either that or starting to deal the guys who need to protected soon.  They don't have nearly enough roster spots to cover everyone.  A Crochet deal where they push some volume out there door makes some sense for them.

The next 12-18 months will certainly define Elias’ tenure with the Orioles..

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Has Bummer really figured it out though? His ERA this season with the Braves is in line with his career ERA. I think he’s still a hard guy to trust in high leverage situations (like Kopech) and decent middle relievers just don’t carry much trade value at all.

I guess it wasn't the best comparison, but the majority people here hate Kopech and I get it. They also hated Aaron Bummer, but he was never as bad as everyone made it seem.

He just wore out his welcome here and it was time to move on, exactly like Kopech now.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, T R U said:

They also hated Aaron Bummer, but he was never as bad as everyone made it seem.

He definitely was as bad as everyone made it seem in 2023. 6.79 ERA, 36 BB in 58 innings, -0.9 WAR

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 4OCS said:

He definitely was as bad as everyone made it seem in 2023. 6.79 ERA, 36 BB in 58 innings, -0.9 WAR

Except he had a 3.58 FIP leading some to believe getting away from the worst fielding team in baseball would help his numbers normalize.  The wild thing is even with pitching to contact and seeing his K and BB numbers both drop hard, his FIP is still a run less than his ERA.

• Like 1

Bummer was so weird in how he could just straight up own someone in one inning and the next you could see it in his eyes that he was rattled and was gonna give up the big hit.  And while the defense behind him was atrocious he literally never could get past it

he also was a huge fan of walking lefties first thing.  That was fun 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Bummer was so weird in how he could just straight up own someone in one inning and the next you could see it in his eyes that he was rattled and was gonna give up the big hit.  And while the defense behind him was atrocious he literally never could get past it

He also gave up more hits JUST under someone's glove than anyone I can remember.

36 minutes ago, 4OCS said:

He had a 3.58 FIP against a 6.79 ERA, that's insane. As mentioned already, a lot had to do with the horseshit defense playing behind him.

Bummer is into his 8th season now and has a career ERA of 3.82 with a career FIP of 3.33. You just don't really see middle relievers with that kind of consistent longevity. The dude is a good reliever.

Wow, fans of other teams actually "lusting" after Tanner Banks...

Okay, even I know this is silly. I would think any Mets convo starts with Jett Williams or Drew Gilbert, right? Like, Williams/Gilbert, (one of) Tidwell/Sproat, Ryan Clifford, and that's just Fedde and maybe Banks. Add in Wilson, and you're talking about another pitcher. Like Tidwell AND Sproat. 

33 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Okay, even I know this is silly. I would think any Mets convo starts with Jett Williams or Drew Gilbert, right? Like, Williams/Gilbert, (one of) Tidwell/Sproat, Ryan Clifford, and that's just Fedde and maybe Banks. Add in Wilson, and you're talking about another pitcher. Like Tidwell AND Sproat. 

These are garbage hypothetical offers.

1 minute ago, T R U said:

I’m sure the White Sox kicked around some team friendly deal which Crochet rightfully should have said f*** off. 

And what makes you think the Sox should offer him like 200 million or even 150 at this point?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

And what makes you think the Sox should offer him like 200 million or even 150 at this point?

They shouldn’t, I want him traded not resigned. 

3 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Oh. Well then okay. 

I was just commenting on the report that they talked extension but doesn’t seem likely. The Sox don’t do big money pitcher extensions and Crochets too close to free agency to commit to some weak ass deal.