Crochet DeJong Fedde Vaughn Pillar listed among Top 13 trade candidates at MLB.com

caulfield12

Just now, T R U said:

I was just commenting on the report that they talked extension but doesn’t seem likely. The Sox don’t do big money pitcher extensions and Crochets too close to free agency to commit to some weak ass deal. 

I just think it’s too big of a risk to give him something substantial. If I’m wrong I’m wrong, but getting pieces that fit your next “timeline” just makes more sense. It is what it is. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

I just think it’s too big of a risk to give him something substantial. If I’m wrong I’m wrong, but getting pieces that fit your next “timeline” just makes more sense. It is what it is. 

I agree, I don’t trust Crochet at all. 

• Haha 1

Fedde might get you an A prospect.  I wouldn't be interested in a damn thing the Sox have except Crochet. 

I think you're all nuts.  Robert is worthless.  I'd rather have Brian Anderson (things being equal; at least he's healthy).

Eloy is s%*#.  Vaughn is still running too hot and cold at severe levels....   

If I'm a an actual baseball team, there's NOTHING I would want from the Sox but Crochet, PERIOD.

Kopech is a physical phenom/stud but like SS2K5 says (and I agree), still a head case.  Wouldn't touch him.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2024 at 10:37 AM, southsider2k5 said:

Except he had a 3.58 FIP leading some to believe getting away from the worst fielding team in baseball would help his numbers normalize.  The wild thing is even with pitching to contact and seeing his K and BB numbers both drop hard, his FIP is still a run less than his ERA.

So you gloss over everything terrible about his 2023 by talking about FIP ?

FIp doesn't mean crap if you can't throw strikes and are negative value to your team. You can't blame everything on the defense. As much as we try defensive stats are hard to quantify.

If a team has a .950 fielding percentage we consider that pretty bad but they are still making 95% of the plays. If you stop walking guys as much the bad fielding won't hurt you as much. Crochet seems to be able to pitch and everyone is whining Getz didn't make the D any better like he promised. Why is that ? Oh because he doesn't walk anybody.

What's next are you going to blame the framing for not getting him more Ks ? Maybe u can find a stat that umps had trouble calling his pitches strikes because they had so much movement and he couldn't hit his spots consistently.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Quin said:

If anyone wants to see how that'd compare to other first baseman during the month of June.

Basically Top 5 in everything. Now, you obviously need June Vaughn to become July Vaughn. 

I mean if you are going to count Vaughn as a player for the White Sox for 2025 and beyond, he has to have a finish that is much closer to this, versus what he has been his first four years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I mean if you are going to count Vaughn as a player for the White Sox for 2025 and beyond, he has to have a finish that is much closer to this, versus what he has been his first four years.

He has to keep it up the rest of the season to avoid being non-tendered, imo. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

After a very slow start, Vaughn is on pace for about 20 HRs, 30 2Bs, and 75 RBIs, which is where many of us thought he'd be back before the season started.  Of course, he'll need to be more like June Vaughn going forward.  Time will tell.

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I'd like to see more patience at the place and have that OBP not be so average-driven, but this is more like the guy we thought we'd be getting. Hope he keeps it up.

15 hours ago, hogan873 said:

After a very slow start, Vaughn is on pace for about 20 HRs, 30 2Bs, and 75 RBIs, which is where many of us thought he'd be back before the season started.  Of course, he'll need to be more like June Vaughn going forward.  Time will tell.

Those numbers aren't going to cut it for a 1B only player who sucks defensively.

• Like 5