Colas dumped again, Eloy back.

13 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Hopefully Sosa is next.

Agreed. Why find out what we have in the younger kids, when we can probably go find an aging has been FA?

Maybe we can ask David Wright or Adrian Beltre to come out of retirement, to really push this roster into overdrive!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • TLR 2

7 minutes ago, Quin said:

Ah, as expected from Getz and Pedro.

The clown car rolls on.

Hopefully soon someone realizes you really can't roster 26 David Ecksteins, because it sure feels like we are trying to do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Agreed. Why find out what we have in the younger kids, when we can probably go find an aging has been FA?

Maybe we can ask David Wright or Adrian Beltre to come out of retirement, to really push this roster into overdrive!

Moustakas fail.

Teahen? Viciedo?  Trade for KB?

16 minutes ago, ron883 said:

It's hilarious to see Harold become a complete Getz shill. Defending every terrible move he makes. 

It wouldn’t be so bad if he didn’t post every infrequent time that a starting pitcher has a good start when Oldy Moldy starts at catcher and has one of his rare 1-hit games.  Harold is either the biggest Getz homer ever or he is Getz himself.  Harold defended this awful signing of a rotting corpse from the start by Getz, so he can’t back down now.  It’s quite embarrassing and I don’t think he realizes that he’s creating absolutely ZERO credibility for himself by continuing to defend Getz signing this corpse of a once good catcher.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

39 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hopefully soon someone realizes you really can't roster 26 David Ecksteins, because it sure feels like we are trying to do so.

That was Jerry’s favorite player and direct quote and it sure seems like Getz tried to make it happen.

And finally, the funniest thing about this move is that I saw people posting that Grifol would look for any excuse to demote Colas because he hates him, but I dismissed those posts because it made absolutely zero sense to send Colas down considering the status of the roster, their record, and Colas actually hitting.  Boy, was I wrong.

Even the other Getz homer WestEddy can’t justify this move…

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Isn't this just due to Eloy coming back?

Colas will be back when Pham is traded.

Who cares if it is?  I believe Julks may have an option or two left, and he’s 28 and bad anyways.  Play the 25 year old and see what he can do.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Absurd. I'm surprised he still has options left. There's maybe something logical in optioning a guy rather than cutting someone, but they've fucked around Colas for too long. He does the "right things" and still gets demoted, what message does that send?

10 minutes ago, nrockway said:

Absurd. I'm surprised he still has options left. There's maybe something logical in optioning a guy rather than cutting someone, but they've fucked around Colas for too long. He does the "right things" and still gets demoted, what message does that send?

It doesn’t make much sense if this information on his MILB options is accurate.  Julks has been absolute trash this entire month of June — .189 AVG / .246 OBP / .340 SLG / .586 OPS.  Play the guy who won’t be 29 years old next season.

IMG-1006.jpg

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1