6/23 - Chicago Art Institute @ Detroit Institute of Art - 12:40 pm

11 hours ago, WestEddy said:

After a decade of living in the Detroit area, I still have not been to the DIA.

I should check it out….

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Nice write-up on John Brebbia, detailing some of the changes he's made to be marketable, again. 

https://soxmachine.com/2024/06/john-brebbia-has-found-a-fix-just-in-time-for-the-trade-deadline/

“We had to do some digging,’ said pitching coach Ethan Katz. “His glove was getting really high. We went back to where he was in his best year, when his glove was lower. Since he’s put his glove down, his numbers have been…I texted it to him the other day.”

While Katz had to dig through his phone for the numbers, we can just cut to the chase. Brebbia has a 1.86 ERA in 9 2/3 innings in June, but more strikingly has struck out 15 of the 37 batters he’s faced (40.5 percent) while walking just one. The only thing Brebbia really looks over on the dugout iPad after his outings is how his command was, and that’s all the benefit anyone will tout from this move.

Edited by WestEddy

3 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Translation: Eloy will play RF for a game.

I even get free admission as part of my Oakland County residency.

(I meant to quote my DIA post, buy here we are, too lazy to make a full correction)

Edited by JoeC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeC said:

I even get free admission as part of my Oakland County residency.

(I meant to quote my DIA post, buy here we are, too lazy to make a full correction)

I had friends who lived in Royal Oak back when Jack Kevorkian had an office there, and was picketed routinely. Cool record store across the street. I have a soft spot for Detroit, LaFayette Coney Island and all. 

• WestEddy changed the title to 6/23 - Chicago Art Institute @ Detroit Institute of Art - 12:40 pm
58 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I had friends who lived in Royal Oak back when Jack Kevorkian had an office there, and was picketed routinely. Cool record store across the street. I have a soft spot for Detroit, LaFayette Coney Island and all. 

Used to be an artsyish spot. Now it’s overpriced and overrated.

looking to move out to the woods to get away from people.

• Like 1