6/23 - Chicago Art Institute @ Detroit Institute of Art - 12:40 pm

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

I have zero confidence in Getz doing what Elias did.

It’s easy to tear down and suck for 5+ years. It’s hard putting a team over the top to win a World Series. Elias hasn’t yet done anything more than what Hahn did with the Sox.

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

It’s easy to tear down and suck for 5+ years. It’s hard putting a team over the top to win a World Series. Elias hasn’t yet done anything more than what Hahn did with the Sox.

Elias has built up their farm system to be able to continuously pump out position players. Jury's still out on whether ours can. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

How about drafting good players?

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Literally, look at their projected rotation next season without Burnes and Bradish.

Rodriguez, Suarez, Povich, Kremer, Irvin. It’s an absolute mess for a team with WS aspirations. At a minimum, they need a #1 and a #3. That won’t come cheap whether it’s via trade or free agency

How much does 6-7 positional players cost in free agency?

They’ve made the playoffs once under Elias. You’re acting like they’ve already won a title and been in the playoffs five years in a row ? 

One question for you to answer and that’s all I’ll need to know — would you trade places with the Orioles right now?  The Sox MLB team, minor league system, scouts, development staff, and GM for the Orioles’ equivalent?

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

One question for you to answer and that’s all I’ll need to know — would you trade places with the Orioles right now?  The Sox MLB team, minor league system, scouts, development staff, and GM for the Orioles’ equivalent?

You could have asked this same question of the two clubs in 2020 and the obvious answer would have been the Sox. You clearly don’t understand how cycles work for most small market teams (yes, Jerry runs the Sox like a small market team). The Orioles sucked ass for 4 years and now they’re good again. But odds are they’ll be shitty again in another 4 years unless they no longer operate like a small market team.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Elias has built up their farm system to be able to continuously pump out position players. Jury's still out on whether ours can. 

We can't even play young position players every day, let alone pump them out 

• Thanks 2

You could have asked this same question of the two clubs in 2020 and the obvious answer would have been the Sox. You clearly don’t understand how cycles work for most small market teams (yes, Jerry runs the Sox like a small market team). The Orioles sucked ass for 4 years and now they’re good again. But odds are they’ll be shitty again in another 4 years unless they no longer operate like a small market team.

I’m not talking about 2020.  That was a different GM for the Sox.

It was one question and you still didn’t answer it.  Yes or no?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

But we will be a playoff team in no time!

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

I’m not talking about 2020.  That was a different GM for the Sox.

It was one question and you still didn’t answer it.  Yes or no?

Would I rather have the team on pace for 100 wins or on pace for 100 losses? What kind of question is that. I have no idea if Getz is any good. He hasn’t even led one mlb draft yet for this team and has been in the GM role for less than 12 months. Was Elias the second coming of Theo Epstein back in 2019? I sure didn’t hear soxtalk showering him with praise back then.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

He got Burnes for spare parts when many Sox fans were thinking that the great Getz would rob him of three top 100 prospects for Cease.  There’s no reason to doubt Elias at this point.

Joey Ortiz is batting .829 OPS and has 2.1 WAR so far. I think the people on this board were just wrong about him, he's far from a spare part, the Brewers got an every day shortstop (Adames replacement) with no service time in exchange for a year of Burnes. There's DL Hall too who people seem to think is pretty good but I don't see it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nrockway said:

Joey Ortiz is batting .829 OPS and has 2.1 WAR so far. I think the people on this board were just wrong about him, he's far from a spare part, the Brewers got an every day shortstop (Adames replacement) with no service time in exchange for a year of Burnes. There's DL Hall too who people seem to think is pretty good but I don't see it. 

Ortiz was a spare part to the Orioles, as they have better players for the entire infield.  Hall is terrible.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Eloy is either still injured or just reinjured himself, lol.  He couldn’t get to second on what should be a double down the 3B line for any other player.  Dude was running the bases like TLR…

running-slowly.gif

Edited by WhiteSox2023

10 minutes ago, nrockway said:

I accepted that Joey Ortiz would have been a fine 2nd piece for Cease. I think it was more likely than a LOT of the other proposals tossed around.