6/23 - Chicago Art Institute @ Detroit Institute of Art - 12:40 pm

52 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

How about drafting good players?

For 5 years, Orioles drafted first, overall, twice, and had the 2nd pick in one draft. There's a little more room for error when you're getting two2 1st rounders and/or twp 2nd rounders every year. 

Mike Shirley is doing a much better job than Hostetler, and my wild conspiracy theory is that the Sox have done better picking later because the honchos didn't care about making the 22nd and 26th picks and let Shirley do his job. But in the top ten, JR, KW and Hahn all wanted their thumb prints on that top pick. We'll see how Getz does in three weeks. 

13 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

At this point just dump Eloy for literally anything. 

Did they leave him in the game? Poor guy needs a body makeover. All he does is tweak stuff.

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

I will never understand how the Sox can be this dumb about when to activate or place guys on the IL

I agree they handle injuries poorly but I think there isn’t a proper way to handle Eloy. It’s impossible. 

This is another one of those "Sox should not be in MLB" type game. Trot a guy name Cannon out there to get hammered. Not even competitive again. I wish they'd just contract the Sox. Mabe we could get an expansion team.

21 hours ago, greg775 said:

Anyone noting Sox are getting good pitching for the most part? I still say .490 is possible the rest of the way. Get rid of Beni, play Lee every day, get our suddenly good starters to throw strikes so they can go 7 2/3 minimum and tell Kopech WE NEED YOU and maybe we got something here (til we trade everything away). Sheets and Vaughn are hitting just a bit of late.

21 hours later...

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

This is another one of those "Sox should not be in MLB" type game. Trot a guy name Cannon out there to get hammered. Not even competitive again. I wish they'd just contract the Sox. Mabe we could get an expansion team.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Paper Bag 1

14 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

For 5 years, Orioles drafted first, overall, twice, and had the 2nd pick in one draft. There's a little more room for error when you're getting two2 1st rounders and/or twp 2nd rounders every year. 

Mike Shirley is doing a much better job than Hostetler, and my wild conspiracy theory is that the Sox have done better picking later because the honchos didn't care about making the 22nd and 26th picks and let Shirley do his job. But in the top ten, JR, KW and Hahn all wanted their thumb prints on that top pick. We'll see how Getz does in three weeks. 

Gunnar Henderson was an Elias draft pick as well — 42nd overall pick.  So was Jordan Westburg — a 30th overall pick.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

a game thread breaking out into a orioles piss fest has to be a new low.

When your team is the worst in baseball and looking like one of the worst in 162 game season history, look to bash a much better team?  Sound strategy…

• Paper Bag 1

6 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

When your team is the worst in baseball and looking like one of the worst in 162 game season history, look to bash a much better team?  Sound strategy…

What he said wasn’t wrong. They need to do something about their pitching. You turned it into the “wouldn’t you rather be them?!”

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, greg775 said:

There's nothing about the Sox Greg, that new ownership can't fix. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

What he said wasn’t wrong. They need to do something about their pitching. You turned it into the “wouldn’t you rather be them?!”

Brought up in a Sox game thread for some reason?  I also said Elias will likely swing a trade for a starter or two, just like he got Burnes at a bargain.

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Brought up in a Sox game thread for some reason?  I also said Elias will likely swing a trade for a starter or two, just like he got Burnes at a bargain.

One of my favorite things about marriage is when we start arguing about the actual argument that we're in. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Highland said:

Another one of those boring games with Schriffen telling us how competitive the Sox are. Eloy doesn't belong on the field right now.

Iloy doesn't belong on the team period. 

4 minutes ago, Highland said:

Another one of those boring games with Schriffen telling us how competitive the Sox are. Eloy doesn't belong on the field right now.

It was hard to tell if he was still injured or if he reinjured himself running out of the box.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I will never understand how the Sox can be this dumb about when to activate or place guys on the IL

Like I said, I hope some reporter asks the question — was Eloy still injured and Grifol played him anyways or did he reinjure himself running out of the box?  He made a slow jog to first base on what should have been a double.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I mean usually you guys are right with that stuff, but it's Eloy. Who cares, just play him when you can. If he gets hurt, that'll happen anyways. 

I don't even fault them for rushing him or Yoan back. Maybe they'll go on a hot streak, and somebody takes them, or they put up any offense to justify their contracts. 

• Like 1