6/23 - Chicago Art Institute @ Detroit Institute of Art - 12:40 pm

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Brought up in a Sox game thread for some reason?  I also said Elias will likely swing a trade for a starter or two, just like he got Burnes at a bargain.

This was my initial post:

There’s going to be some growing pains no doubt but this is a good time for these young starting pitchers to get their feet wet. Better now than finding yourself in a situation like the Orioles who otherwise have a World Series team but their rotation is crumbling with each passing day. 22 runs allowed over the last 16+ innings to the Astros, which comes on the heels of losing their #2 starter for the year ouch”

You just couldn’t help taking this post as an opportunity to bring our GM into the discussion, yet again. Funny thing is we’re not even trying to win this season after trading half the team last July, have one of the worst teams in mlb history this season, and yet I’d still rather have our current rotation than the Orioles rotation lol

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

There’s going to be some growing pains no doubt but this is a good time for these young starting pitchers to get their feet wet. Better now than finding yourself in a situation like the Orioles who otherwise have a World Series team but their rotation is crumbling with each passing day. 22 runs allowed over the last 16+ innings to the Astros, which comes on the heels of losing their #2 starter for the year ouch”

You just couldn’t help taking this post as an opportunity to bring our GM into the discussion, yet again. Funny thing is we’re not even trying to win this season after trading half the team last July, have one of the worst teams in mlb history this season, and yet I’d still rather have our current rotation that the Orioles rotation lol

This is a Sox game thread in the “Pale Hose Talk” forum.  Talking about the Sox GM in this thread and forum is more appropriate than talking about the Orioles’ woes, isn’t it?  You seem to have some weird obsession with disassociating from the Sox suckiness by bashing other teams (that are better) and former Sox players like Cease.  It’s your MO.  None of this makes the Sox any better.  Yep, they are still terrible.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

This is the game thread in the “Pale Hose Talk” forum.  Talking about the Sox GM in this thread and forum is more appropriate than talking about the Orioles’ woes, isn’t it?  You seem to have some weird obsession with disassociating from the Sox suckiness by bashing other teams and former Sox players like Cease.  It’s your MO.  None of this makes the Sox any better.  Yep, they are still terrible.

Sure man, whatever. You clearly spent your entire afternoon posting about how much the Sox suck on this message board. Get a life.

• Like 2
  • TLR 1

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

It was hard to tell if he was still injured or if he reinjured himself running out of the box.

I don't know what happened to the guy either, but it's time to cut him loose. Pay him for the rest of the season and buy out his option and say good-bye. They're going to lose more than 100 games with him anyway.

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Sure man, whatever. You clearly spent your entire afternoon posting about how much the Sox suck on this message board. Get a life.

Now you are bashing me.  Anything but bashing the Sox GM and team, which is the real problem.  Like I said, it’s your MO.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

You just couldn’t help taking this post as an opportunity to bring our GM into the discussion, yet again. Funny thing is we’re not even trying to win this season after trading half the team last July, have one of the worst teams in mlb history this season, and yet I’d still rather have our current rotation than the Orioles rotation lol

So your comparison of Os to Sox was fine, but coming after yours, his was out of line...  lol.

And also for the record the Sox are still burying any hitting prospects in a historically awful season.  Give me the Orioles struggles over this dumpster fire of a situation any day.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So your comparison of Os to Sox was fine, but coming after yours, his was out of line...  lol.

And also for the record the Sox are still burying any hitting prospects in a historically awful season.  Give me the Orioles struggles over this dumpster fire of a situation any day.

Oh, 1000000%

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Now you are bashing me.  Anything but bashing the Sox GM and team, which is the real problem.  Like I said, it’s your MO.

No, seriously get a life. it’s 80 degrees on a Sunday afternoon in chicago and you’re spending your entire afternoon on a message board bashing the Sox. Find another hobby or something. It’s unhealthy.

I gotta get the grill fired up for a bbq, enjoy your evening doing something other than this (I hope).

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

8 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

No, seriously get a life. it’s 80 degrees on a Sunday afternoon in chicago and you’re spending your entire afternoon on a message board bashing the Sox. Find another hobby or something. It’s unhealthy.

I gotta get the grill fired up for a bbq, enjoy your evening doing something other than this (I hope).

Cool story, bro.  I don’t mean to brag, but I grilled twice this weekend!  So take that!

3 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Sure man, whatever. You clearly spent ALL FUCKING YEAR posting about how much the Sox suck on this message board. Get a life.

Fixed it for ya. Ignore is your friend.

• Thanks 1
  • TLR 1

23 minutes ago, MEANS said:

Yeah not wrong just repeating what we already know…

What else are we supposed to talk about relative to the team at this point? All we can discuss is how awful they are playing, the prospects of potential trades, the outlook for the future, managerial changes, etc.

• Like 1