ILoy hurt. Again. Part XIII

9 minutes ago, Snopek said:

The “who is the biggest bust of the rebuild?” question is so fascinating.

Every time I think I know my answer, Kopech/Yoan/Eloy does something to change my mind.

It’s Eloy to me. He seemed like the most sure thing to just put up great offensive seasons. 

13 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Every time I think I know my answer, Kopech/Yoan/Eloy does something to change my mind.

I think the answer is Yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Kopech, easy.

Eloy and Moncada at least had pre-COVID success (even a Silver Slugger!). 2019 & 2021 Moncada isn't what you'd have dreamt on, but you'd be more than OK with that as your 3B.

Kopech had an OK season as a starter with limited innings (2022) and that's about it 

6 minutes ago, Quin said:

Kopech, easy.

Eloy and Moncada at least had pre-COVID success (even a Silver Slugger!). 2019 & 2021 Moncada isn't what you'd have dreamt on, but you'd be more than OK with that as your 3B.

Kopech had an OK season as a starter with limited innings (2022) and that's about it 

If I had to go based on the era from biggest to smallest out of the key players, my personal top 10.

1. Kopech

2. ILoy

3. Yoan

4. Madrigal

5. ReyLo

6. Avi

7. Vaughn

8. Robert

9. TA

10. Rodon

It’s so bizarre that he almost always makes it through his rehab starts without any issue and then right away he gets hurt again in a real game.

So lame… just like our entire damned team.

• Like 2

Recurrent hamstring injuries make re-injury exponentially more likely and all but inevitable at some point. "Many people make the mistake of getting past the initial recovery period, and then going back to the same activities that caused the original damage. It does not end well."

Realistically, Eloy is done this season and given the hamstring surgery and recurring injuries, maybe with his career. I hate to see a guy with his talent and love for the game constantly hampered by injury. That is particularly hard to take with a player like Eloy who has such a love for the game and for the fans.  The Sox  can find another  DH but likely will never replace the spirit he had on and off the field.

I will never forget some of those games against the cubs. Thanks Eloy.

You'd have to be heartless to blast Eloy. His body just won't play sports without constant injury. Now can you be mad at the trainers and doctors? I think so unless they've told him how to prevent these things and he doesn't listen.

One of the biggest busts in Chicago sports history. At least one of the saddest stories in Chicago history.

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

One of the biggest busts in Chicago sports history. At least one of the saddest stories in Chicago history.

Amazing that a guy who was supposed to be known for his bat because his glove is so bad currently doesn’t even have a career OPS of .800+.

.271 AVG  /  .321 OBP  /  .478 SLG  /  .799 OPS