ILoy hurt. Again. Part XIII

8 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Amazing that a guy who was supposed to be known for his bat because his glove is so bad currently doesn’t even have a career OPS of .800+.

Absurd.

According to research, done back on Feb. 19, the trio of Eloy Jimenez, Luis Robert Jr. and Yoan Moncada had played together in 158 of 546 games since the debut of Robert in 2020 entering 2024 season. Since when all 3 have spent more time injured. And many of those 158 games one or more of them were returning from injury so not anywhere near their best.

Considering they were supposed to be the 'core' of the last rebuild the fact that they have played less than a full season together out of the last 3 is a damning indictment of the Sox medical department and their individual conditioning.

It is especially damning that many of the injuries lately have come running the bases, which is rather a fundamental ability.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

What is?  The stats are the stats.

LOL. Eloy's  OPS is 1 1/000th less than .800. 

Vaughn's OPS this season is .725. He is a butcher at 1B and a tank on the bases.  

Or Bennintendi. .540 OPS  to go along with a .201 BA this season. 9 year average .752 OPS. and his arm is not strong enough for any outfield position.

Cherry picking baseball stats to make a point is a fool's mission.

58 minutes ago, tray said:

Vaughn's OPS this season is .725. He is a butcher at 1B and a tank on the bases.  

Or Bennintendi. .540 OPS  to go along with a .201 BA this season. 9 year average .752 OPS. and his arm is not strong enough for any outfield position.

I don’t think you’re making the point you think you are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

Some lady who apparently writes for the Sox now on mlb.com is talking about the big 3 getting back together soon!

On the same rehab assignment in Arizona??

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WHAT THE HELL 

3 hours ago, tray said:

I never said those guys were good either.  I agree that both Vaughn and Benintendi have been terrible.

Eloy’s value was always supposed to be in his amazing bat, not his outfield play.  Meanwhile, even Nick Swisher finished his career with a .799 OPS.

Eloy has been a disappointment no matter how much you love him.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

I thought this thread will just be a joke about how he came back so that means he's on the road to his next injury, did not realize he's injured again (had a great sunday!).

What an embarrassment.

• Thanks 2

I feel bad for him. I don't think he's as much at fault as some believe. Some just have bodies that won't hold up. Look at Stanton. He's always hurt, always in great shape. Dropped 25 LBS of muscle, specifically worked on leg exercises to avoid issues and he is hurt again as well. Some injury as Eloy. And this current Eloy injury is not new. He wasn't ready. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I feel bad for him. I don't think he's as much at fault as some believe. Some just have bodies that won't hold up. Look at Stanton. He's always hurt, always in great shape. Dropped 25 LBS of muscle, specifically worked on leg exercises to avoid issues and he is hurt again as well. Some injury as Eloy. And this current Eloy injury is not new. He wasn't ready. 

I see your point with the frequent injuries but Stanton has like 45 WAR in his career.  He could retire today and still have been a huge success.  Eloy is at 5.5 WAR for his career.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

You'd have to be heartless to blast Eloy. His body just won't play sports without constant injury. Now can you be mad at the trainers and doctors? I think so unless they've told him how to prevent these things and he doesn't listen.

One of the biggest busts in Chicago sports history. At least one of the saddest stories in Chicago history.

On 5/24/2024 at 8:12 PM, greg775 said:

I wonder if Eloy has any supporters left. Do any of you actually want to keep him? Can't believe he's already 27 and this unreliable. Probably a nice guy. Certainly set for life with the huge contract. I wonder if Eloy ever considers changing his body. You'd think some hammy experts would have been able to help/advise him.

On 4/8/2024 at 2:47 PM, greg775 said:

I would think Robert and Eloy are dead to the baseball world outside Chicago right now. They are non factors cause they get hurt so much. Teams will not want either of those guys cause of injuries now and in the future.

Except for the piles of money they make it must suck being Robert and Eloy. All they do is get hurt then have to rehab. Man all that rehab time. Must be so boring. Day after day rehab. Then get the injury fixed and after a week have to start over in rehab again after getting reinjured.

13 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Isn't this kind of what @Pal is alluding to?

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

Isn't this kind of what @Pal is alluding to?

Eloy probably gets injured again eventually anyways, but to your point, haven’t the Sox done this in the past (bring a player back too early before he was healthy, only for them to get reinjured)?  I feel like this has happened before but I just can’t remember.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Eloy probably gets injured again eventually anyways, but to your point, haven’t the Sox done this in the past (bring a player back too early before he was healthy, only for them to get reinjured)?  I feel like this has happened before but I just can’t remember.

This is essentially their rehab plan the past several years, in large part due to lack of depth.

4 hours ago, tray said:

You would actually need to cherry pick stats that make Vaughn and Benintendi look like good players. Both bad players.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

If Eloy really wants to keep on playing baseball he should take a year off and heal. Maybe he can last. But his body is just built weird. Looks kinda like a snow cone