ILoy hurt. Again. Part XIII

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's 27 years old and is carrying an OPS+ of 80. 

Grifol is talking like he's a 37 year old Frank Thomas playing on one foot and hitting 240/340/500. 

The reason the Sox have rushed back so many hurt guys, not 100% in my opinion over the last few seasons is because they have very little to zero quality depth anyplace especially in the minor league system and they panic because they have no options.

Good teams and organizations like the Braves, Yankees, Cardinals, Dodgers to name a few get some guys hurt and instead of blowing up a season they plug in other guys from the big league roster or the minors and carry-on.

Not the White Sox. They are forced to have a one-legged Iloy or a Robert trying to swing one-handed. 

Like I said lunacy. ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The reason the Sox have rushed back so many hurt guys, not 100% in my opinion over the last few seasons is because they have very little to zero quality depth anyplace especially in the minor league system and they panic because they have no options.

Good teams and organizations like the Braves, Yankees, Cardinals, Dodgers to name a few get some guys hurt and instead of blowing up a season they plug in other guys from the big league roster or the minors and carry-on.

Not the White Sox. They are forced to have a one-legged Iloy or a Robert trying to swing one-handed. 

Like I said lunacy. ?

That may be true, but at this point, the guys they're paying $12-24m for, and then they're done, maybe they're just trying to showcase their bats for a trade. And this year, I say, all the more power to them. 

?

12 hours ago, WestEddy said:

That may be true, but at this point, the guys they're paying $12-24m for, and then they're done, maybe they're just trying to showcase their bats for a trade. And this year, I say, all the more power to them. 

?

Possible although that doesn't explain the medical issues rushing back people over the last several years. The Robert situation for example was two years ago to cite one example. 

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Possible although that doesn't explain the medical issues rushing back people over the last several years. The Robert situation for example was two years ago to cite one example. 

I agree that they've been shallow in previous years. This season, they do have 3-4 viable options (Julks, Colas, DeLoach, Fletcher) to slot in youngish outfielders for extended periods. So the only reason that looks logical to me is that they're trying to get them on a run to trade them. 

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

I agree that they've been shallow in previous years. This season, they do have 3-4 viable options (Julks, Colas, DeLoach, Fletcher) to slot in youngish outfielders for extended periods. So the only reason that looks logical to me is that they're trying to get them on a run to trade them. 

I guess that depends on your definition of "viable".

This year, I'd probably agree dumpster guys would work. But they never had options worth a tinkers cuss (ya like that phrase?) when they were supposedly "contending."

And there lies one of the the problems from the last several years and the urgency to rush injured guys back. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I guess that depends on your definition of "viable".

This year, I'd probably agree dumpster guys would work. But they never had options worth a tinkers cuss (ya like that phrase?) when they were supposedly "contending."

And there lies one of the the problems from the last several years and the urgency to rush injured guys back. 

You didn't like J.B. Shuck?

The White Sox can NOT GROOM players to hit.  Never have, never will.

We either draft or trade for natural talent or we're screwed.

We traded Semien, and Tatis Jr, Turner, and so many others...  NO IDEA what we had because we have ZERO IDEA what hitting looks like unless it's a Thomas, Konkero, Dye, Mags, Luzinski, Kittle, Allen, etc...

Edited by FranksPillz

40 minutes ago, FranksPillz said:

The White Sox can NOT GROOM players to hit.  Never have, never will.

We either draft or trade for natural talent or we're screwed.

We traded Semien, and Tatis Jr, Turner, and so many others...  NO IDEA what we had because we have ZERO IDEA what hitting looks like unless it's a Thomas, Konkero, Dye, Mags, Luzinski, Kittle, Allen, etc...

Forgive my ignorance but who is Turner? 

Not ignorance.  I was making a point.  Mike got pasted in by accident.

Anyway - does that change my point or do you agree that we are woefully dead last at scoring runs, getting on base, slugging, winning games, differentials, etc etc.

Edited by FranksPillz

1 hour ago, FranksPillz said:

Not ignorance.  I was making a point.  Mike got pasted in by accident.

Anyway - does that change my point or do you agree that we are woefully dead last at scoring runs, getting on base, slugging, winning games, differentials, etc etc.

I'm sorry, I'm still not following I don't remember any player named Turner.

Also I'm not arguing the point, just trying to know who Turner is, because I can't recall anyone of that name on the Sox at least since Jerry Turner in the 1981 season.