Where's our Grimace?

Quin

The Mets are 9-2 since Grimace graced their mound

An absolute phenom

We once asked, where's our Liriano? Then we got him and he sucked. But, in a season of despair, where is our Grimace?

• Love 1

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Oh man this reminds me of the crazy McDonalds thread from back in the day.  One of the top Soxtalk threads ever, up there will the attack thread on Mark Buerhle.

I'm sorry, what?

On 4/25/2003 at 9:06 PM, BridgeportHeather said:

I'M SICK OF WATCHING THIS b****-ASS MOTHERf***ING COCK-SUCKING f***ING PIECE OF DIPs***S PLAYING WITH A HALF-ASSED SENSE OF PRIDE!!! FIRE JERRY MANUEL, SEND THIS ENTIRE LINEUP TO AAA, FIRE KW, SELL THE TEAM!!!!! f*** YOU, GUTLESS LOSERS!!! UNLESS YOU GET SOME GOD DAMN HEART, YOU'RE GOING NOWHERE THIS SUMMER!!!!!

f***ING s***, HALF-ASSED COCK-SUCKING b****ES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET SOME MOTHERf***ING GOD DAMN HEART!!!

On 4/21/2004 at 2:36 AM, C.Rector said:

Following is the the three year decline of starter Mark Buehrle as evidenced by his stats from 2001, 2002 and 2003 (in order):

ERA: 3.29, 3.58, 4.14

K/BB: 2.63, 2.20, 1.95

K/9IP: 5.12, 5.05, 4.65

BAA: .230, .260, .278

Buehrle’s decline is an indication that his arm is getting progressively tired. One would think that the Sox would opt to limit Buehrle to no more than 5 innings per start or to a strict pitch limit in the 75-100 range or perhaps even place him in the bullpen in order to at least lengthen out his quality service for the team. This is especially the case since Buehrle recently signed a 3-yr. $18 Mil. in guraranteed money contract with the Sox. However, the Sox have not evinced any awareness of Buehrle’s decline and appear to have their problematic pitcher on course towards lengthened stays on the mound.

Up until last night's disaster at Comiskey Park vs. the Yankees, Buehrle was throwing an average 112 pitches per game. Folks, this is Dusty Baker territory. Unless Guillen institutes a strict pitch count on Buehrle, his decline will only continue to worsen.

Two of my other all time favorite Soxtalk threads.

34 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

There are a lot of names on that thread I wondered what has happened to.

Same here - almost 20 years... crazy! (I have no idea what my username was back then lol)

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Two of my other all time favorite Soxtalk threads.

Sounds like that radio call-in guy from early last year that got run on all the Chicago sports radio outlets/call-in shows.

What was that dude's name again, the one that just trashed almost everything about the organization from top to bottom?

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Sounds like that radio call-in guy from early last year that got run on all the Chicago sports radio outlets/call-in shows.

What was that dude's name again, the one that just trashed almost everything about the organization from top to bottom?

Berto from the west side…

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The Mets have Grimace.  We have M&M Guy…

larger.jpg

IMG-1030.jpg

for some reason, I was watching "balk off" videos the other night and I came to this one from 2011, Sox vs Royals.

I wasn't expecting the "m&m guy getting shoved by security guard" cameo.

15 minutes ago, nrockway said:

for some reason, I was watching "balk off" videos the other night and I came to this one from 2011, Sox vs Royals.

I wasn't expecting the "m&m guy getting shoved by security guard" cameo.

Looks like the security guard was celebrating the walkoff win as well and bumped M&M guy by accident.  I could be wrong though.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Looks like the security guard was celebrating the walkoff win as well and bumped M&M guy by accident.  I could be wrong though.

Probably. I’m left wondering if his limousine business was more successful in 2011. Had to downgrade to third base side seats, Uber and Lyft took the home plate seats from him. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Oh man, this is one of the GOATs.

:lolhittingbring back everyone using this emoticon in every post. emojis were a mistake. the internet forum perfected the 'smiley' circa 2002. :lizard