Phillies have been scouting Kopech

If we are going to do a deal with the Phils for Kopech, I know the top end of the guys are probably offlimits (Painter, Miller, Abel, and maybe even the young Crawford) but they have a lot of interesting positional prospects at the back half of their top 10 that we should be targeting such as Caba, Saltiban, Rincon, and Rincones.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Why? What do you think Kopech is worth? He sucks

He has a lot of arm talent; scouts might see something they can fix.  Teams might envision him as a starter for next season.  

Someone's top 10-15.
Heck last year we got Dodgers #10 plus Leasure for Kelly and Lynn,  

1 minute ago, GreenSox said:

He has a lot of arm talent; scouts might see something they can fix.  Teams might envision him as a starter for next season.  

Someone's top 10-15.
Heck last year we got Dodgers #10 plus Leasure for Kelly and Lynn,  

The proposal is a 10 and 20.

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Any other team would just fire Pedro and be done with it.

Getz is too scared to expose himself to the "once the manager is fired" bromide, then fans start looking with their pitchforks and torches to team executives for the next head to roll.

Right now, there's still a level of insulation that exists, just like when KW/Hahn "used" franchise icon Ventura and managed to turn him into an absolute punching bag from 2013-2016.

I'm just really about people throwing around names, at this point. Curious what other teams' fans would think appropriate. 

58 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I'm just really about people throwing around names, at this point. Curious what other teams' fans would think appropriate. 

I think Kopech sucks but this is a comically bad offer. Wtf would the Sox want Bote? He carries negative trade value and then the prospect is a 40 FV guy? Geez

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, WestEddy said:

I'd rather bet on the mental capacity of Michael Kopech. 

7 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

If we are going to do a deal with the Phils for Kopech, I know the top end of the guys are probably offlimits (Painter, Miller, Abel, and maybe even the young Crawford) but they have a lot of interesting positional prospects at the back half of their top 10 that we should be targeting such as Caba, Saltiban, Rincon, and Rincones.

Gotta be Caba. An actual shortstop. 

4 minutes ago, nrockway said:

Gotta be Caba. An actual shortstop. 

MLB has Caba as the Phillies #5 prospect and #99 in the MLB top 100.  I can’t imagine Kopech could net that kind of value for 1.5 seasons of control with the way he has been pitching.  But yeah, if the Phillies are dumb enough to offer that kind of value for him, you take it.