Phillies have been scouting Kopech

Kopech would prob be huge for a contender like Phils. They should jump all over him.

Even last night, the run he gave up in the 9th was tainted. The run scored because of a WP that was about 3 inches out of the strike zone and not in the dirt.  Should have been a PB. Unearned run IOW. Kopech is so close to being lights out. He is worth a decent prospect like Crawford.

37 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Kopech would prob be huge for a contender like Phils. They should jump all over him.

Even last night, the run he gave up in the 9th was tainted. The run scored because of a WP that was about 3 inches out of the strike zone and not in the dirt.  Should have been a PB. Unearned run IOW. Kopech is so close to being lights out. He is worth a decent prospect like Crawford.

I’m not sure what you are seeing when Kopech pitches, but you are going to be disappointed in the return for him when it finally happens.  Kopech isn’t sniffing a return of the #62nd ranked prospect in the MLB.  Cease returned one top 100 prospect — Drew Thorpe, who was rated #85 at the time of the trade.

I'd rather keep kopech and move him back into the rotation then trade him for trash. We still have next year to dumpster drive if he doesn't put together a decent year.

We should be looking for reclamation projects not trading them

Edited by wrathofhahn

2 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

I'd rather keep kopech and move him back into the rotation then trade him for trash. We still have next year to dumpster drive if he doesn't put together a decent year.

We should be looking for reclamation projects not trading them

Kopech is a free agent after next season.  His window is slamming shut on his own fingers.

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Kopech is a free agent after next season.  His window is slamming shut on his own fingers.

Yes but I doubt we get anything more at this deadline then we would at next years deadline.

Throw him in the rotation next year and see if he can put it back together. If he can't the offers probably won't be that much different. I'd rather hold onto him

7 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

Yes but I doubt we get anything more at this deadline then we would at next years deadline.

Throw him in the rotation next year and see if he can put it back together. If he can't the offers probably won't be that much different. I'd rather hold onto him

He's shown he's a basket case for 4.5 years  here.  If he can change, it isn't happening here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He's shown he's a basket case for 4.5 years  here.  If he can change, it isn't happening here.

He still has good stuff and if he puts together a season like 2021 or 2022 we would get an interesting prospect back.

The way he is playing now we will get trash. If he doesn't figure it out next year that is fine nothing lost as far as I'm concerned but I'd much rather have him as our fifth starter than guys like Michael Soroka

Edited by wrathofhahn

44 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

He still has good stuff and if he puts together a season like 2021 or 2022 we would get an interesting prospect back.

The way he is playing now we will get trash. If he doesn't figure it out next year that is fine nothing lost as far as I'm concerned but I'd much rather have him as our fifth starter than guys like Michael Soroka

Throw him back in the rotation and he could put up a 5+ ERA and hurt his value even more.  At least they will be trading him with an extra year of cheap control.

15 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

That was exactly my point. If you can get a 45 FV prospect for Kopech and a 40 FV for Dejong I think that’s good.

A 45 prospect is going to look pretty bad for Kopech a year from now when he’s pitching like Reynaldo Lopez

There's still plenty of time for Kopech to get some appearances and up his value.

Guys who throw 100+ MPH and strikeout 13 per nine typically get a longer leash.

3 minutes ago, T R U said:

There's still plenty of time for Kopech to get some appearances and up his value.

Guys who throw 100+ MPH and strikeout 13 per nine typically get a longer leash.

It is amazing how much hard contact a guy like Kopech gives up.

3 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I’m not sure what you are seeing when Kopech pitches, but you are going to be disappointed in the return for him when it finally happens.  Kopech isn’t sniffing a return of the #62nd ranked prospect in the MLB.  Cease returned one top 100 prospect — Drew Thorpe, who was rated #85 at the time of the trade.

https://www.thebaseballcube.com/content/player/187788/prospects/
try #2 and Top 5-15 MiLB over a relatively long stretch 

#62 closer to fedde with WASH originally

4 hours ago, oldsox said:

Isn't Kopech a home run machine? Great fastball no movement ... boom!

4 hours ago, oldsox said:

If the Phillies are serious, then they're going after Mason Miller in Oakland. Kopech doesn't move the needle much (and won't cost even a fraction of what Miller will command). Maybe they kick the tires on Miller and deem the cost too much and come back to Kopech, but I would bet on Philadelphia coughing up the necessary prospects to get a Miller trade done.

My guess is that Kopech is moved after Miller and we settle for scraps from someone that missed out.