6/24 - Los Angeles Peg Entwistles @ Chicago Resurrection Marys - 7:10 pm, Paxton v. Crochet

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Crochet didn't have his good command tonight.

5 singles. 6ks. No walks.

Guys a machine even when he's battling.

Unbelievable. And he makes it look easy. This dude looks like a he could toss 200 innings this season. He doesn’t even look tired.

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You’re probably right.  He just repeated it again.

Even if he dials it back, he’s still going to throw 150 innings this season. He’s making a lot of people on here look very foolish…

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

You’re probably right.  He just repeated it again.

I think once Clevinger is back they go to a 6 man until he's traded, and if he isn't then they really start limiting him. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Even if he dials it back, he’s still going to throw 150 innings this season. He’s making a lot of people on here look very foolish…

Well, even Stone is agreeing with the majority of posters on this site that thought the same thing, and he was actually a major league pitcher rather than a message board poster.  I’m not seeing the supposed shame when Stone thinks the same thing and has more insight than all of us.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Well, even Stone is agreeing with the majority of posters on this site that thought the same thing, and he was actually a major league pitcher rather than a message board poster.  I’m not seeing the shame when Stone thinks the same thing and has more insight than all of us.

Stone looking foolish too. Bottom line, Crochet making a lot of people look very foolish even those that were still doubting him a few weeks ago. It’s ok to admit you were very wrong.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I think once Clevinger is back they go to a 6 man until he's traded, and if he isn't then they really start limiting him. 

What's the point of Clevinger at all?  No other team wants him:  that was obvious last year at this time when he was having a good year and couldn't be moved.  And then no one signed him.

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Stone looking foolish too. Bottom line, Crochet making a lot of people look very foolish even those that were still doubting him a few weeks ago. It’s ok to admit you were very wrong.

Nah, I disagree.  It was simply guesswork to think Crochet could throw 200 innings this year.  Hell, even in this very thread you just made a post about him throwing 200 innings and a second post about him potentially dialing back to 150 innings.  50 more innings is a lot.  So which is it?

3 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

What's the point of Clevinger at all?  No other team wants him:  that was obvious last year at this time when he was having a good year and couldn't be moved.  And then no one signed him.

Last year there was a lot more money involved.

4 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Clevinger had a huge buyout that was prohibitive to anyone picking him up.

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Looking foolish is usually used for playing the fool.The reason the majority got it wrong is because they went with the conventional wisdom regarding his innings limit and played the odds on his health.

Those 2 things combined didn't seem likely to lead to more than 100 innings pitched.

It might've been considered foolish to sayanythinge else.

The fact is he changed into a unicorn.That was very unpredictable.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Nah, I disagree.  It was simply guesswork to think Crochet could throw 200 innings this year.  Hell, even in this very thread you just made a post about him throwing 200 innings and a second post about him potentially dialing back to 150 innings.  50 more innings is a lot.  So which is it?

I said he looks like he could go 200. Didn’t say he will. Big difference bro. If I had to set the over/under today, I’d go with 150. Obviously that far exceeds your estimate from even just a few weeks ago..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I think that Crochet can power through and do his 120-150 innings, if that's what his trading team needs. It's how that affects him next year that is important. It's possible he scuffles most of next year recovering from the initial shock of this year's work load. 

And it's possible he doesn't. He doesn't have the mileage on his arm that would be expected of someone in the bigs since 21. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Looking foolish is usually used for playing the fool.The reason the majority got it wrong is because they went with the conventional wisdom regarding his innings limit and played the odds on his health.

Those 2 things combined didn't seem likely to lead to more than 100 innings pitched.

It might've been considered foolish to sayanythinge else.

The fact is he changed into a unicorn.That was very unpredictable.

But same people were still digging in their heels on it a few weeks ago = foolish. Same people were also giving Harold grief for sticking up for Maldonado (which I agree is also foolish) but today they won’t admit they were wrong on Crochet. Hmm

• Like 1