6/24 - Los Angeles Peg Entwistles @ Chicago Resurrection Marys - 7:10 pm, Paxton v. Crochet

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I said he looks like he could go 200. Didn’t say he will. Big difference bro. If I had to set the over/under today, I’d go with 150. Obviously that far exceeds your estimate from even just a few weeks ago..

I don’t think I ever gave an estimate.  Either way, he’s at 94.1 innings pitched, not 100 and not 150 yet.

1 hour ago, tray said:

Eloy is not going to be easy to replace, especially on a team that doesn't have too many guys that can hit.

We replace Eloy half of every season anyway, so it isn't like we haven't had practice for it 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I don’t think I ever gave an estimate.  Either way, he’s at 94.1 innings pitched, not 100 and not 150 yet.

Looks like you hedged and went with 150 as your “surprise” number meaning you certainly expected far less.

F530F265-0BE9-4E7F-860C-163D46EF1350.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Looks like you hedged and went with 150 as your “surprise” number meaning you certainly expected far less.

Thanks for finding this.  So I said I would be surprised if Crochet throws 150 innings, much less 200.  I never said 100 so I avoided @JUSTgottaBELIEVE’s shame and ridicule!  Yessssss!!!

Edited by WhiteSox2023

22 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Clevinger had a huge buyout that was prohibitive to anyone picking him up.

It was $4 million.  If it was anyone else, it wouldn't have mattered,  but no one was touching Clevinger,  just like they didn't want him the entire winter.

• Like 4

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Thanks for finding this.  So I said I would be surprised if Crochet throws 150 innings, much less 200.  I never said 100 so I avoided @JUSTgottaBELIEVE’s shame and ridicule!  Yesss!

Nah, just give it another 10 weeks. Then you’ll admit you were very wrong and VERY SURPRISED when he hits 150 innings, correct?

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

It was reasonable for anyone to be unsuspecting of his durability thus far. It is also reasonable to continue to be hesitant.

An aberration really gives you license to hop on that high horse, huh?

Nah, just give it another 10 weeks. Then you’ll admit you were very wrong and VERY SURPRISED when he hits 150 innings, correct?

Like I said, Stone is saying the same thing as the majority of posters here.  No one should feel stupid.  There was rationale provided for why Crochet wouldn’t be able to throw a ton of innings this season.  I don’t believe I ever saw any rationale provided for why Crochet WOULD be able to throw 150+ innings this season.

2 minutes ago, hi8is said:

It was reasonable for anyone to be unsuspecting of his durability thus far. It is also reasonable to continue to be hesitant.

An aberration really gives you license to hop on that high horse, huh?

Yep, considering I’ve been one of his biggest supporters this season and have been one of the few to challenge the conventional wisdom that everyone’s been parroting for months regarding an innings limit this season.

• Like 1

Yep, considering I’ve been one of his biggest supporters this season and have been one of the few to challenge the conventional wisdom that everyone’s been parroting for months regarding an innings limit this season.

Cool. Really feels good patting yourself on the back.

Carry on.

• Haha 2

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQY6ORYClMp-YW2FupoqJK

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Like I said, Stone is saying the same thing as the majority of posters here.  No one should feel stupid.  There was rationale provided for why Crochet wouldn’t be able to throw a ton of innings this season.  I don’t believe I ever saw any rationale provided for why Crochet WOULD be able to throw 150+ innings this season.

Doesn’t change the fact that those saying it were very wrong if he does, right? And Stone never once established a definitive innings limit like many here had. Big difference.

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Doesn’t change the fact that those saying it were very wrong if he does, right? And Stone never once established a definitive innings limit like many here had. Big difference.

And neither did you.  In this thread alone you jumped from 200 innings in one post down to 150 innings in another.

Either way, this discussion is tired and I don’t really care anymore.

Back to the game…

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Haha 1

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

And neither did you.  In this thread alone you jumped from 200 in one post down to 150 in another.

Either way, this discussion is tired and I don’t really care anymore.

Back to the game…

Lol, I never said he was going 200. Said it looks like he could with how effortless he’s making it look, if the Sox allowed him to. 

Thank you

Of course, Almighty One. 

I actually hereby petition that you change your handle to AlmightyOne.