6/24 - Los Angeles Peg Entwistles @ Chicago Resurrection Marys - 7:10 pm, Paxton v. Crochet

21 minutes ago, fathom said:

Especially after they trade anyone with a pulse

Nice sentence. Worded nicely. Will be interesting to see how different the roster will be in August.

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I don’t think I ever gave an estimate.  Either way, he’s at 94.1 innings pitched, not 100 and not 150 yet.

He has already eclipsed his previous max innings pitched in a season. Him continuing on this pace would still be an outlier. The early the skepticism from many of us wasn't unwarranted. 

6 hours ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Will be at the game. Can't say no to free Sox tix. 

Hope they were good seats and u got free parking too.

46 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

On the positive side, a certain poster’s job tracking the stat just became a lot easier now that the counter has been reset.

Days without being shutout: 0

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

He has already eclipsed his previous max innings pitched in a season. Him continuing on this pace would still be an outlier. The early the skepticism from many of us wasn't unwarranted. 

Skepticism is fine, but there was never a hard and fast rule that he had some specific innings limit. That was invented.

Also fairy dust are these ideas that going to the bullpen can save his arm. It would probably make things riskier as you get really amped up to throw as hard as you can when pitching in relief.

i’ve wanted him to start since the day that drafted him. I certainly didn’t know he would be a good starter. But the reward is so much greater than the downside that it’s worth the risk. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

45 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Five hits? What's up with the bats during the raging hot month of June? Crochet goes 5 innings? Not sure why anyone would trade for him when he's about reached his innings limit on the season. They want him for ... next season. Oh, OK. Makes sense lol. Says a lot that the Sox best pitcher is about done for the season apparently or the reduced workload is comin.'

Robert is up to .198. What a sensational talent. Peace out. 

The Duality of Greg

4 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Even if he dials it back, he’s still going to throw 150 innings this season. He’s making a lot of people on here look very foolish…

They need to showcase Crochet to get maximum haul at trade deadline, and they better get a super big haul for a 25 yr old top two pitcher, with 2 years of cheap control.  Let’s not give him away.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Way way too many visibly empty seats for this to be a sellout...

The empty seats maybe were bought by the Sox in a phantom accounting deal. JR is an accountant and lawyer.  Then they could technically call it a sellout.

20 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

They need to showcase Crochet to get maximum haul at trade deadline, and they better get a super big haul for a 25 yr old top two pitcher, with 2 years of cheap control.  Let’s not give him away.

His value has never been higher, obviously… last start we saw a decline in velocity and command… but he recovered fantastically today against arguably the best offense in baseball outside of the NL East.

I’d wager Getz’s phone has been off the hook tonight… one of which being Feldman.

3 hours ago, hi8is said:

His value has never been higher, obviously… last start we saw a decline in velocity and command… but he recovered fantastically today against arguably the best offense in baseball outside of the NL East.

I’d wager Getz’s phone has been off the hook tonight… one of which being Feldman.

Corey?

Andrew Friedman?

• Haha 1