LaRussa speaks...

1 hour ago, LittleHurtCG said:

TLR was in no way, shape, or form the only problem with the White Sox during his tenure here. The problems started way before TLR's arrival when your guy Rick Hahn traded a future hall of fame pitcher to Boston for a bunch of stiffs. 

TLR hung an absolute nobody and a total basketcase out to dry in Yermin Mercedes. This had no bearing on the Sox falling apart whatsoever. 

His whole Mercedes thing is quite comical and absurb actually. The whole Sox rebuild did not collapse because TLR hung an absolute stiff like Yermin Mercedes "out to dry". Last I checked Yermin Mercedes was totally out of professional baseball. The rebuild collapsed mainly becuase it was architected by one of the worst general managers in the history of baseball. 

It's impossible to know for sure just how much this may have impacted things but there were published comments from players like TA who thought what TLR had done was wrong and it probably hurt the clubhouse vibe at least somewhat.

I don't think that situation was a back-breaker but I do think it contributed to the downward situation over the next 18 months. 

Like I wrote there is plenty of blame to go around because this organization from top to bottom is incompetent.