6/25 Games

47 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Baldwin starting tonight in LF. They are serious about the versatility thing. First outfield start in a long time, not just this year.

Burke just went to the IL, and I think Tatum is still hurt too. It would be Duke Ellis time, but alas...

15 minutes ago, hi8is said:

What happened?

The whole team has been slumping, Gonzalez most of all. A lot of it is batted ball luck as his K rate has not jumped or anything. The offensive environment in the Southern League is really rough, so when you’re not swinging it, you can get buried.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Timmy U said:

The whole team has been slumping, Gonzalez most of all. A lot of it is batted ball luck as his K rate has not jumped or anything. The offensive environment in the Southern League is really rough, so when you’re not swinging it, you can get buried.

Yup, he has a 10% walk rate and 5% K rate over his last nine games, but also a .156 BABIP (which is now pretty much normalized on a YTD basis).  Honestly at this point it’s just the game power that is of concern, but I’m willing to give him more time there before I panic.