6/25/2024 - Chicago Second Citys vs. Los Angeles Groundlings - Flexen v. Miller - 7:10pm

The 1962 Mets were an expansion team and a lovable lot embraced by New Yorkers, and they were managed by legendary Casey Stengel. The Sox have their supporters, but even their own fans are fed up and disenchanted. They are managed by Pedro Grifol, whom many fans hadn’t heard of when he was hired before last season.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2024/06/25/white-sox-reach-halfway-mark-of-season-with-records-for-futility-in-reach

46 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The 1962 Mets were an expansion team and a lovable lot embraced by New Yorkers, and they were managed by legendary Casey Stengel. The Sox have their supporters, but even their own fans are fed up and disenchanted. They are managed by Pedro Grifol, whom many fans hadn’t heard of when he was hired before last season.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2024/06/25/white-sox-reach-halfway-mark-of-season-with-records-for-futility-in-reach

Maybe the Sun-Times should have newspapered better, so they could have kept their building on the river, and I wouldn't have to see Trump's name emblazoned on the focal point of the river as I drive on Lake Shore Drive. 

Just a note, last nights Dodger starter Bobby Miller who is coming back from an injury is the Grandson of my best friend when I was growing up in Rogers Park. In 1965 I enlisted in the Air Force and my buddy who was also named Bob and Bobby was named after was drafted by the Army. We both wound up in Vietnam but he was deployed in the jungles of the Central Highlands and came back with PTSD and had other issues and died at age 61. He never saw his grandson play baseball beyond his grade school years.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Just a note, last nights Dodger starter Bobby Miller who is coming back from an injury is the Grandson of my best friend when I was growing up in Rogers Park. In 1965 I enlisted in the Air Force and my buddy who was also named Bob and Bobby was named after was drafted by the Army. We both wound up in Vietnam but he was deployed in the jungles of the Central Highlands and came back with PTSD and had other issues and died at age 61. He never saw his grandson play baseball beyond his grade school years.

That's really cool, although sad he wasn't able to see his grandson play in the major leagues.

11 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Maybe the Sun-Times should have newspapered better, so they could have kept their building on the river, and I wouldn't have to see Trump's name emblazoned on the focal point of the river as I drive on Lake Shore Drive. 

Poor baby!

• Haha 2