Damn, That's a Lot of Employees

Texsox

3 minutes ago, Texsox said:

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/team/front-office

I was looking at the Board of Directors and seeing if any of them would be likely successors if JR ever retired and started scrolling. 

That's a big payroll. 

A lot of sales people. Put a good product on the field and the team sells tickets itself.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Is a lot of employees?  How does it compare to others?

I should say, that's more management than I expected. 

I also noticed there are a few TLR types as advisors. Plus some titles I didn't expect. 

12 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

A lot of sales people. Put a good product on the field and the team sells tickets itself.

Actually I think if they are winning the sales department would increase to handle the additional interest and maximize profits. 

39 minutes ago, Texsox said:

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/team/front-office

I was looking at the Board of Directors and seeing if any of them would be likely successors if JR ever retired and started scrolling. 

That's a big payroll. 

That’s unbelievable, no wonder we never sign any premier free agents.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

3 hours ago, Texsox said:

Actually I think if they are winning the sales department would increase to handle the additional interest and maximize profits. 

There was a graphic shown last year (if someone finds it, that would be great) that showed how many employees were in each analytics department and sales teams. Teams like the Astros, Dodgers, Rays, Cubs, Yankees(?) were significantly higher in analytics than the White Sox. It was an embarrassingly low number in comparison. It was the opposite for the sales team: Sox were significantly higher than those other teams.

The Rays literally have a blueprint for how to spend cheaply on players and be successful and Jerry's like "Nah, I'm good."

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

There was a graphic shown last year (if someone finds it, that would be great) that showed how many employees were in each analytics department and sales teams. Teams like the Astros, Dodgers, Rays, Cubs, Yankees(?) were significantly higher in analytics than the White Sox. It was an embarrassingly low number in comparison. It was the opposite for the sales team: Sox were significantly higher than those other teams.

The Rays literally have a blueprint for how to spend cheaply and be successful and Jerry's like "Nah, I'm good."

I guess they are some of the few employees that are attempting to do their jobs. I got an email from them today trying to get me to buy tickets.

It did not work. Stopped reading and deleted it as soon as I realized what it was.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

I guess they are some of the few employees that are attempting to do their jobs. I got an email from them today trying to get me to buy tickets.

It did not work. Stopped reading and deleted it as soon as I realized what it was.

"Do I want to pay for a three hour kicking in the nuts?  Hmmmmm...."

DELETE

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nardiwashere said:

TLR is "Special Advisor to the Executive Vice President" but they no longer have an Executive Vice President.

Bannister is doing the same for pitching. 

2 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

It's a $2B business. 

Great point and after I looked at the list it made sense. 

They also have a really odd payroll. Their most junior "employees" are guaranteed $750,000 per year and they spend millions on others. While the people who technically are senior to them make way less. 

And most of those sales people I'm guessing are calling on corporate sponsors and companies to  cross promote. The lack of corporation headquarters is a reason that San Antonio isn't as attractive of a market despite being such a huge population center. 

18 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

The Rays literally have a blueprint for how to spend cheaply on players and be successful and Jerry's like "Nah, I'm good."

Didn't find anything related to sales teams specifically but found these two

Dore-f9W4AENbMe.jpeg

ys9h4d949mq91.jpg

Edited by DoUEvenShift
  • Paper Bag 1

35 minutes ago, Snopek said:

This data is misleading because it conveniently omits the "Number of David Ecksteins on team" category. 

Yeah there is DE+ for David Ecksteins above replacement, and then xDE for expected David Ecksteins.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

I don’t even think I unsubscribed to their emails, I think I just marked them as spam.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rowand44 said:

I don’t even think I unsubscribed to their emails, I think I just marked them as spam.

This is the kind of stuff that you would think a businessman (who is trying to squeeze as much water from this stone as possible ) would notice and be rather bothered by