6/26/2024 - Chicago “Cubs” vs. Los Angeles “Angels” - Fedde vs. Stone - 7:10 pm

1 hour ago, fathom said:

And no changes, truly amazing 

My guy Tommy Pham appears to have holes in his bat suddenly. Alas he also prolly has lost interest. 

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

X-rays negative for Sheets.  He’s day-to-day so still tradable for some team’s 25 year old single A ball player.

What happened? Soft tissue or did he get nailed in the elbow with a pitch or something?

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

What happened? Soft tissue or did he get nailed in the elbow with a pitch or something?

If it's X Rays, then not soft tissue

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Maybe a more accurate way I should have phrased it is that you don't run X Rays to look for soft tissue, typically

17 minutes ago, greg775 said:

My guy Tommy Pham appears to have holes in his bat suddenly. Alas he also prolly has lost interest. 

Guys like Tommy Pham are playing for their next paycheck with pretty much every AB.  If he isn't interested,  he isn't getting paid.

31 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Maybe a more accurate way I should have phrased it is that you don't run X Rays to look for soft tissue, typically

Agreed, I wasn’t correcting you.  I just saw the update on Twitter and shared it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Not so sure Flexen or Fedde will bring anything of eye opening value.

I do not agree with you, Sam I Am. I do not agree with you here no there… I do not agree with you anywhere!

3 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Hey folks, we get to watch TWO train wrecks tomorrow. Sox game in afternoon and the presidential debate in the evening!!!

tomorrow.jpg

YOU get to watch both. I’ll be doing something less boring like reading an insurance policy. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

YOU get to watch both. I’ll be doing something less boring like reading an insurance policy. 

at least the idea of giving intl Chinese and Indian students green cards for graduating successfully from a US college or university, (must be fully accredited, unlike Trump Univ., lol) is one of the more interesting/controversial policy ideas worth debating since 2015/16.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

at least the idea of giving intl Chinese and Indian students green cards for graduating successfully from a US college or university, (must be fully accredited, unlike Trump Univ., lol) is one of the more interesting/controversial policy ideas worth debating since 2015/16.

?

11 hours ago, WestEddy said:

...And Soroka strikes out the side!

Let’s see him  do that in high leverage situations. Or put him  back in the rotation and let him pitch six good ones a few times before July 31.

time is running short on some of these guys whose only value is to be peddled next month. 

Edited by GreenSox

11 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I’d prefer they hire a good GM that acquires competent hitters that can score runs to avoid getting shut out so much.

News flash 1st year of a rebuild.Budget was cut severely. You know all this yet still you talk about the GM as if he could just do whatever he wanted constantly. I know you understand this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

News flash 1st year of a rebuild.Budget was cut severely. You know all this yet still you talk about the GM as if he could just do whatever he wanted constantly. I know you understand this.

News flash.  He’s bad.

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

News flash.  He’s bad.

You don't know that.JR is the problem . Spend as much time talking about JR as you do his puppets and I'll start thinking you know what you're talking about. Otherwise you're just a guy with a platform to spit into the wind or like the attention of being the leader of the everything sucks brigade.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You don't know that.JR is the problem . Spend as much time talking about JR as you do his puppets and I'll start thinking you know what you're talking about. Otherwise you're just a guy with a platform to spit into the wind or like the attention of being the leader of the everything sucks brigade.

So basically no different than your opinion right here?

• Like 1

It's honestly amazing the mental gymnastics a few posters here will perform in order to justify the historically awful season we are witnessing. A season where the White Sox will be in reach of several modern baseball records in incompetence. A season where the White Sox WERE NOT TRYING TO TANK. That's what people don't fucking realize. The White Sox had zero incentive to be the worst team in baseball. There's nothing to be gained. They are just that fucking inept.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

It's honestly amazing the mental gymnastics a few posters here will perform in order to justify the historically awful season we are witnessing. A season where the White Sox will be in reach of several modern baseball records in incompetence. A season where the White Sox WERE NOT TRYING TO TANK. That's what people don't fucking realize. The White Sox had zero incentive to be the worst team in baseball. There's nothing to be gained. They are just that fucking inept.

I'm always amazed by the people who laughed at this team in the off-season, and proclaimed that there was no way, no collection of trades and signings that would make this team competitive this year, and now act surprised at every single loss. 

I think trading your best pitcher in Spring training indicates something akin to tanking. 

It's silly to pretend that slotting a utility infielder in at 2B, trading off your best pitcher and dropping Maldonado at C was a major push at "competing". 

But hey! I'm performing mental gymnastics. LOL. 

• Thanks 1
  • Paper Bag 1

22 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I'm always amazed by the people who laughed at this team in the off-season, and proclaimed that there was no way, no collection of trades and signings that would make this team competitive this year, and now act surprised at every single loss. 

I think trading your best pitcher in Spring training indicates something akin to tanking. 

It's silly to pretend that slotting a utility infielder in at 2B, trading off your best pitcher and dropping Maldonado at C was a major push at "competing". 

You just mentioned two of Getz’s primary offseason acquisitions to improve the team’s defense and leadership.  If you seemingly know those moves were bad, why do you not blame Getz for making them?

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

There's no excuse for this team being THIS BAD without intentionally tanking and trying to lose. None. They are worse than pretty much any team that was TRYING to lose, in the history of modern baseball. Even Oakland last season, was not this bad. They are worse than the 2003 Tigers, and I don't think it's even close. This team might not win 40 games(they will sell off whatever they can at some point).

They spent a not insignificant amount of money on absolute losers this off-season, in an attempt to be better than last season, and failed spectacularly. They've made more moves than any team in history up until this point, in an attempt to improve the results on field, and failed spectacularly. 

If you think Getz and management were planning on this team being THIS fucking terrible this season, I've got a bridge to sell you. 

There's no reason whatsoever to believe this organization has ANY idea what they are doing during this "rebuild".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paulie4Pres said:

There's no excuse for this team being THIS BAD without intentionally tanking and trying to lose. None. They are worse than pretty much any team that was TRYING to lose, in the history of modern baseball. Even Oakland last season, was not this bad. They are worse than the 2003 Tigers, and I don't think it's even close. This team might not win 40 games(they will sell off whatever they can at some point).

They spent a not insignificant amount of money on absolute losers this off-season, in an attempt to be better than last season, and failed spectacularly. They've made more moves than any team in history up until this point, in an attempt to improve the results on field, and failed spectacularly. 

If you think Getz and management were planning on this team being THIS fucking terrible this season, I've got a bridge to sell you. 

There's no reason whatsoever to believe this organization has ANY idea what they are doing during this "rebuild".

These are very valid points in my opinion. 

• Thanks 1