6/27 Chicago Slappers vs. Atlanta Shredders 3:10 PM

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Could he be something?  Absolutely.  Does his profile have a long history of succeeding when picked this high?  Absolutely not.

Exactly

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

If someone wants to send us a half eaten pizza for Eloy, be our guest. We aren't picking up that option so we better move him.

Yep, I've been saying you might as well throw in the money owed to him for the buyout as well just to get some interest back.

But how will we ever replace Eloy?!

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

I’m conflicted about him

If it's Wetherholt, someone who can stick at second.

Cags, at least we finally get rid of Vaughn and/or Sheets...allowing Sox fans and front office to FINALLY move on and make a clean break with the end of Hahn's positional players in the next 4-9 months, (to go along with Moncada, Robert, Jimenez and maybe even Benintendi.)

The problem is the Sox outfield future looks pretty underwhelming right now.  Well, it's WORSE THAN that even.

• Like 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

If it's Wetherholt, someone who can stick at second.

Cags, at least we finally get rid of Vaughn and/or Sheets...allowing Sox fans and front office to FINALLY move on and make a clean break with the end of Hahn's positional players in the next 4-9 months, (to go along with Moncada, Robert, Jimenez and maybe even Benintendi.)

The problem is the Sox outfield future looks pretty underwhelming right now.  Well, it's WORSE THAN that even.

Vaughn is almost certainly gone by the time a Cags could get here.

• Like 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Vaughn is almost certainly gone by the time a Cags could get here.

You're forgetting the history of the White Sox for the last two plus decades pushing up Top 5ish positional prospects that are usually not finished products, but are considered to be so due to their time at the top level of NCAA baseball.

That's almost aways been the profile before Montgomery (and Tim Anderson), not wanting to wait a full 4-5 seasons for true preps to take in contributing at the major league level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

You're forgetting the history of the White Sox for the last two plus decades pushing up Top 5ish positional prospects that are usually not finished products, but are considered to be so due to their time at the top level of NCAA baseball.

That's almost aways been the profile before Montgomery (and Tim Anderson), not wanting to wait a full 4-5 seasons for true preps to take in contributing at the major league level.

I'm actually not forgetting it.  You are missing the point that Vaughn is probably gone within the next year, definitely within the next year and a ahlf.

Like Caulfield said, Robert is over .200!

Hard to believe a guy with that talent was under .200. I think it shows his lack of discipline. It's obvious he's trying to jack a homer every time up, never draws a walk. He needs to fall in love with line drive doubles to the gap as well as HRs.

Sosa has to be getting near the end of all that rope he's been extended...

Time to give Ramos and/or Baldwin a shot to prove themselves.   Neither of those guys are truly "premium" prospects by any stretch of the imagination, at least not at this point in their young careers.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

I'm actually not forgetting it.  You are missing the point that Vaughn is probably gone within the next year, definitely within the next year and a ahlf.

That's WHAT EVERYONE said about Sheets in 2021 and 2022...and yet here we are still.

Without a RFer, still....or many left handed at-bats that will still be on the roster.

If Vaughn's not going to be terrible expensive in arbitration (why would he be, he hasn't been up overwhelming numbers, nor does he play strong defense, or run at all/well???), they will go along with Andrew, as Pete Alonso's not signing with the White Sox for all the tea in China, as the saying goes.

That's WHAT EVERYONE said about Sheets in 2021 and 2022...and yet here we are still.

Without a RFer, still....or many left handed at-bats that will still be on the roster.

If Vaughn's not going to be terrible expensive in arbitration (why would he be, he hasn't been up overwhelming numbers, nor does he play strong defense, or run at all/well???), they will go along with Andrew, as Pete Alonso's not signing with the White Sox for all the tea in China, as the saying goes.

Sheets was a minimum wage guy in those years.  Vaughn is at $3.25 million in Arb 1, and heading to arb 2 and a sizable raise again, probably earning somewhere in the $5-6 million range.  You cutting that check on a 100 loss team next year?

Julks Benintendi and Korey Lee are the only players on the positional player side likely to be 50/50 returnees or higher.

With Sheets, it feels like at least 1/4 or 1/3 odds that he will still be around, NOBODY wants to trade for him, he's one of those salaries like Brebbia, Soroka, Maldonado or Lopez that are adding little to no value and aren't part of the future.

Vaughn, even higher than Sheets...they spent the entire offseason hyping it up as a "franchise-level" player and human being....then he ended up having a similar career to Gordon Beckham as yet another busted first round draft pick.

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Sheets was a minimum wage guy in those years.  Vaughn is at $3.25 million in Arb 1, and heading to arb 2 and a sizable raise again, probably earning somewhere in the $5-6 million range.  You cutting that check on a 100 loss team next year?

Not if they don't have any viable replacements...I have a feeling Grifol doesn't have the patience to play ELKO almost every single day when the team's foundering on the rocks yet again in 2025.   Or watching Fletcher/Ortega/DeLoach yet again.

Sox currently have well over $100 million in the "wasted" contracts salary list...we should ALL wonder why Getz isn't being held accountable for doing anything productive with MOST of that money???

Sure, there's Moncada, Jimenez, Robert and Benintendi, blame that all on Hahn....but there's another $30-40 million that can't so easily be explained away.

Guardians +24

Twins +8    -8 GB

Royals +6   -9 GB

Tigers -6  -15 GB

Miami -24  -24 GB

White Sox -40  -32 GB

At least the Cubs have earned the opportunity to be -8 to .500 and one of the most disappointing teams in baseball this year.  So much for Ron's plan to follow them into years of glory.

Edited by caulfield12

Not if they don't have any viable replacements...I have a feeling Grifol doesn't have the patience to play ELKO almost every single day when the team's foundering on the rocks yet again in 2025.   Or watching Fletcher/Ortega/DeLoach yet again.

Sox currently have well over $100 million in the "wasted" contracts salary list...we should ALL wonder why Getz isn't being held accountable for doing anything productive with MOST of that money???

Sure, there's Moncada, Jimenez, Robert and Benintendi, blame that all on Hahn....but there's another $30-40 million that can't so easily be explained away.

It's not the other 28 names, it's Sheets.  Either that or Getz goes bargain basement shopping in the F tiers of free agents again.

I think you accidentally got to the point of there not being a reason to waste good money on a bad player in Andrew Vaughn when that production isn't worth that much anyway.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why Maldonado gets any AB's

Also it's too bad that Schriffen is such a turd because he has a good TV voice, but everything he utters is stupid as f***

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's not the other 28 names, it's Sheets.  Either that or Getz goes bargain basement shopping in the F tiers of free agents again.

I think you accidentally got to the point of there not being a reason to waste good money on a bad player in Andrew Vaughn when that production isn't worth that much anyway.

Somehow, the front office has reached a conclusion that he could somehow assist in selling tickets as a relatively identifiable player, but just not seeing it at all.

Everyone knew that Crochet and Robert was all that was left...just as soon as Cease's plane touched down in South Korea this spring.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Somehow, the front office has reached a conclusion that he could somehow assist in selling tickets as a relatively identifiable player, but just not seeing it at all.

Everyone knew that Crochet and Robert was all that was left...just as soon as Cease's plane touched down in South Korea this spring.

Are you trying to say the Sox will keep him and pay him so that they can use him to sell tickets next year?  Otherwise I am not sure I understand what you mean here.