6/28 Sox vs. Rocks 8:20 PM

DoUEvenShift

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

Who cares? We're trying to develop players, not win games. 

I'm trying to figure out which players we are developing for Chicago and which we are developing for the trades. Are we trading tonight's starter? If we're trading Crochet don't see why tonight's starter would be safe. Now that it's obvious we're dealing Kopech, Getz better rob some team 3-4 fricking future starters either pitching or hitting or a combo of both. Kopech throws 100 consistently. A good organization should be able to turn him into Gossage. Getzie better win that trade!!!

Edited by greg775

3 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I’ve always liked Pham but I really don’t think his trade value is as high as a lot of people around here think it is, I hope I’m wrong.

I would think most of the regulars are expecting a return somewhere between the Grossman and Middleton trades, if Pham is traded alone. He could certainly goose a Fedde trade from a lower top 100 prospect and another piece to 2 lower top 100 prospects, if packaged. 

12 hours ago, greg775 said:

I'm trying to figure out which players we are developing for Chicago and which we are developing for the trades. Are we trading tonight's starter? If we're trading Crochet don't see why tonight's starter would be safe. Now that it's obvious we're dealing Kopech, Getz better rob some team 3-4 fricking future starters either pitching or hitting or a combo of both. Kopech throws 100 consistently. A good organization should be able to turn him into Gossage. Getzie better win that trade!!!

Kopech has neither Gossage's talent nor more importantly his mind set to be an elite pitcher. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I disagree fully.  Michael Kopech has more raw talent then just about anyone in baseball.   He is just missing something between the ears to use it.

Fair enough.

I saw Gossage pitch many times and I think his control was better myself but agree completely on the mental aspect. And Goose himself told me that he thought Terry Forster had a better arm than him. 

Edited by Lip Man 1

15 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Sox should have groomed Kopech to be closer from Day 1, IMO.

He has all of the physical tools to be a #1 starter.  Big arm, big strong frame, fast twitch muscle to spare, 102 top fastball, plus he had an outrageous slider.  By all indications he should have been Paul Skenes before he got here.

• Like 2