Guaranteed Rate changes name to "Rate"

Posted (edited)

I think Hate Rate field has a nice ring to it. 

Actually the ballpark has come a long way after what the original monstrosity looked like. One of the few good things that Reinsdorf did was seeing the error of his ways and did a very good job in restructuring the place.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Actually the ballpark has come along way after what the original monstrosity looked like. One of the few good things that Reinsdorf did was seeing the error of his ways and did a very good job in restructuring the place.

I think Sox Park is underrated. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

Def. agree. It is a nice park. It is not retro so, life goes on. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, pcq said:

Def. agree. It is a nice park. It is not retro so, life goes on. 

Some of these retro parks are jokes as they try to out-quirk the last one. The old ballparks built in the early 20th century had quirks but they were out of necessity as they were built on small city parcels and bringing into account what the team owners could afford. 

I think PNC Park in Pittsburgh and Oriole Park are the best. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Some of these retro parks are jokes.

Will be at Globe Life on 21st against Sox…that monstrosity looks like an airplane hanger.

Third Rangers’ ballpark of my lifetime.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Falstaff said:

I agree and every time I come across an article that rates the MLB ballparks, GRF moves up a notch or 2 in the rankings.  
It’s too bad they can’t just move GRF to area 78 turn it around and face Sears Tower and the rest of downtown, it would be perfect though I would get rid of the huge advertising boards and scoreboards in LF and RF so the view would even be better.

2 hours ago, Falstaff said:

The 2003 era changes really did a ton to make it a solid ballpark.  I think if it was anywhere else but 8 miles from Wrigley, it would have an entirely different reputation.,

3 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Actually the ballpark has come along way after what the original monstrosity looked like. One of the few good things that Reinsdorf did was seeing the error of his ways and did a very good job in restructuring the place.

Agreed however it should be noted that the only reason it was done was because U.S. Cellular paid for the changes. I don't think JR would have done anything on his own dime. 

7 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Agreed however it should be noted that the only reason it was done was because U.S. Cellular paid for the changes. I don't think JR would have done anything on his own dime. 

I agree.

15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The 2003 era changes really did a ton to make it a solid ballpark.  I think if it was anywhere else but 8 miles from Wrigley, it would have an entirely different reputation.,

Wrigley Field is a dump and their food sucks.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Some of these retro parks are jokes as they try to out-quirk the last one. The old ballparks built in the early 20th century had quirks but they were out of necessity as they were built on small city parcels and bringing into account what the team owners could afford. 

Throw the Giants stadium in there too. I liked it better then Camden Yards. Haven't been to PNC yet