Tim Anderson DFA'd by Marlins

Sleepy Harold

35 minutes ago, 4OCS said:

On May 22, 2022 TA was sporting a slash line of .359/.400/.517. Then the story about TA saying Josh Donaldson’s calls him Jackie went national and he hit .246/.283/.286 the rest of the way, with 1 HR and 6 RBI. Then followed with the disastrous last two years. Bizarre

I think it has more to do with him getting injured via a punch to the knee 7 days later and the White Sox being a disaster when it comes to rehabbing injuries than it has to do with Josh Donaldson.

• Like 2

Like seriously, you can blame off field antics all you want, but how does a leg injury for w dude that relied on his legs get constantly glossed over?

It's probably a combo, but it'd be like "Albert Belle's career was derailed due to him being a crazy son of a b****" and ignoring the degenerative hip.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

Like seriously, you can blame off field antics all you want, but how does a leg injury for w dude that relied on his legs get constantly glossed over?

It's probably a combo, but it'd be like "Albert Belle's career was derailed due to him being a crazy son of a b****" and ignoring the degenerative hip.

The legs obviously hurt him the last couple of years, but he did have one AB earlier this season where is sprint speed to first was like off the charts. I watched a clip of it and the announcer said TA can still really fly when he wants to. I remember thinking, if his legs feel good, he should be OK. I think he has some back issues now as well.

Edited by Dick Allen

43 minutes ago, 4OCS said:

Maybe he wants the babies

Maybe if he wants to lose his MLB earnings to multiple baby mommas for the next 18 years per kid.  Not a wise strategy.  And if his actual wife decides to divorce him cuz he keeps cheating, that could be up to 50% of his earnings, unless they have some sort of open marriage.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

An empty headed scumbag b****, who the team propped up and gave every opportunity to be the face of the franchise. Lynn, Keuchel, Grandal, etc. were never the heels, They called his s%*# out in private because they saw what he was. Team bent over backwards to protect him for years. He's avoided a lot of blame for being a gigantic part of where things went wrong with the team.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 2

10 minutes ago, Pal said:

An empty headed scumbag b****, who the team propped up and gave every opportunity to be the face of the franchise. Lynn, Keuchel, Grandal, etc. were never the heels, They called his s%*# out in private because they saw what he was. Team bent over backwards to protect him for years. He's avoided a lot of blame for being a gigantic part of where things went wrong with the team.

Tell us how you really feel

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Pal said:

That's fine when you're a 3-5 WAR player. Not so much when you're an utter scrub.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

Wow, how quickly this happened, sooo quickly. 

Am I correct, wasn't it two years ago he was the starting short stop for the AL all-star game? Or three years ago?

Can we please, please, please follow this lead and DFA Maldanado?  I did say please. Why are we keeping him?

Fingers brother...... The right fingers...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Dude, I thought you were joking and then found this via Google…

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTNMY2Wnr/

Wow.  Tim must not listen to The Score and hear how easy the Vasectomy operations are these days, with no scalpel and no pain!

I am guessing once Tim can’t find another contract for a few million is when Bria sends him the divorce papers and takes half of everything.

No idea they could trace babies without a license plate. Again people really riding Tim for common indiscretions among pro athletes. Not since Shawn Kemp have we heard this kind of thing in the media. Judge not. 

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Yeah, the idea this has been all in his head, but nothing to do with his injuries to his most important tool (his legs) is laughable.

• Like 3
  • TLR 1

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yeah, the idea this has been all in his head, but nothing to do with his injuries to his most important tool (his legs) is laughable.

So why is Kopech a headache and not TA ? Kopech's had knee problems.I don't see you cutting Kopech any slack.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

So why is Kopech a headache and not TA ? Kopech's had knee problems.I don't see you cutting Kopech any slack.

Always the former Royals.

Took him out in a collision he never recovered from...his own defensively-challenged 3b.  So much of the TA downfall self-induced.

Then there's Grifol.

2 hours ago, WestEddy said:

It went through the media, once, way back when, that Derek Jeter went to great lengths to keep women...not resentful and talking. Gift baskets, and all. That probably also included some form of birth control. 

I mean, Jeter was a single superstar in New York enjoying life.  TA has now TWICE had baby mama drama on social media in 3 years

• Like 2