Tim Anderson DFA'd by Marlins

Sleepy Harold

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Like seriously, you can blame off field antics all you want, but how does a leg injury for w dude that relied on his legs get constantly glossed over?

It's probably a combo, but it'd be like "Albert Belle's career was derailed due to him being a crazy son of a b****" and ignoring the degenerative hip.

The one that also never gets mentioned is the murder of his best friend.

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Like seriously, you can blame off field antics all you want, but how does a leg injury for w dude that relied on his legs get constantly glossed over?

It's probably a combo, but it'd be like "Albert Belle's career was derailed due to him being a crazy son of a b****" and ignoring the degenerative hip.

So you think his knee injury last year was as big as a factor in his decline as Albert Belles hip?   Didn’t TA start to fall off the prior .500 season second half and then it never got better 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

So you think his knee injury last year was as big as a factor in his decline as Albert Belles hip?   Didn’t TA start to fall off the prior .500 season second half and then it never got better 

For Belle, I was trying to think of someone who has both sets of issues and couldn't think of many.

Also TA did have a bad second half of 2022, but had a good WBC + 2023 prior to the injury (roughly a month and a half). Those are small sample sizes, but I still feel like he was heating back up until then.

Then it all spiraled.

30 minutes ago, Quin said:

For Belle, I was trying to think of someone who has both sets of issues and couldn't think of many.

Also TA did have a bad second half of 2022, but had a good WBC + 2023 prior to the injury (roughly a month and a half). Those are small sample sizes, but I still feel like he was heating back up until then.

Then it all spiraled.

Milton Bradley seemed to have regular maladies, was ... maturity challenged, and then fell off the table. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/bradlmi01.shtml

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

For a guy whose game was his legs?  I think a large part of his fall off was related directly to this.  It is a lot like a pitcher with a decent shoulder injury in that it takes away from what they use the most.  Especially in the case of things like tendons, some of those things never really 100% recover, and when your game is speed and drive from your legs, it has to have an effect.  It's why speed guys don't last as long as say power guys.

47 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

I was a big fan of TA, he was a force at the leadoff spot for a short while. He is still young enough to make a comeback.

As far as his personal life goes with the ladies I am not interested. 

I am 100 percent with you, I really wish it didn’t keep forcing itself into my view 

20 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Every time I see people talk s%*# about TA I remember this is the same fan base that embarrassed themselves by booing Frank Thomas relentlessly and remember what they have in common. 

He went from an All-Star and one of the faces of baseball to arguably the worst player in the game seemingly overnight.  Skin color should have nothing to do with the criticism he’s received.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, greg775 said:

Holy cow. This will be controversial, but I'd sign him. He's much better than what we got. He's a cheap contract and if we want to build on our pitching for next year, we have room for him at second base!! We can release Lopez and sign TA and have him get his act together with a strong eye on 2025.

You can't deny we need a middle infielder til Monte is ready.

you need to learn the difference between stupid and controversial 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

Every time I see people talk s%*# about TA I remember this is the same fan base that embarrassed themselves by booing Frank Thomas relentlessly and remember what they have in common. 

If Frank did indeed get booed, those people that booed should have their fan cards taken away. That's just unacceptable. Some guys earn lifetime achievement awards which includes no hometown booing.

• Paper Bag 1