Tim Anderson DFA'd by Marlins

Sleepy Harold

37 minutes ago, greg775 said:

If Frank did indeed get booed, those people that booed should have their fan cards taken away. That's just unacceptable. Some guys earn lifetime achievement awards which includes no hometown booing.

I know lifetime Sox fans who hated Big Frank. Thought he was selfish, and bought into all the bad clubhouse guy BS. 

9 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I know lifetime Sox fans who hated Big Frank. Thought he was selfish, and bought into all the bad clubhouse guy BS. 

True story.  Meanwhile, Konerko was the consummate professional who was loved by Sox fans and while he hit an awesome grand slam in 2005, he couldn’t sniff Frank’s numbers.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

43 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Abreu would be getting booed pretty unmercifully had he put up the same numbers with the Sox (theoretically extended) as he did in Houston...

It's what I hate about sports. When you boo guys who once were great you are showing what a fair weather person you are. Once I respect a player I stick with the player.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

It's what I hate about sports. When you boo guys who once were great you are showing what a fair weather person you are. Once I respect a player I stick with the player.

Well, they definitely treated Konerko the best, from JR all the way down to the fans.

Same with Mark Buehrle.  And Rowand/Crede/Thome to a lesser extent.

4 hours ago, greg775 said:

Respecting a player also means accepting when it’s time to move on, and unfortunately you never come to that realization 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

BS. I know Frank was booed, and it shouldn't have happened, but past his prime. I don't recall TA being booed at all, and if he was, it was last season, which wasn't his prime.

This is just wrong. Frank was ridiculed by fans for being selfish and soft throughout his prime. One of my first Sox memories was attending a game and asking my Dad why the fans were booing Frank. 

4 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

Both Frank and TA were booed in their primes.

Kenny Williams and Jerry Manuel had it out with Frank Thomas in their primes.  Tim Anderson was isolated from teammates when it was announced he was an all star.  Grandal slapped Anderson in his prime.

Sox fans didn’t boo these guys in a vacuum.

4 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Of course Kenny Williams also called him an asshole and Jerry Manuel bounced him from spring training.  It wasn’t just dumb Sox fans that didn’t like the guy.

He definitely had his share of miscues but if I remember right, Frank had foot surgery in the offseason and Jerry Manuel was trying to make him run shuttle drills in early February.   I’m gonna side with Frank there 

• Like 1

Just now, FloydBannister1983 said:

Kenny Williams and Jerry Manuel had it out with Frank Thomas in their primes.  Tim Anderson was isolated from teammates when it was announced he was an all star.  Grandal slapped Anderson in his prime.

Sox fans didn’t boo these guys in a vacuum.

Grandal's also a piece of s%*#. If he thought smacking Anderson was the best way to address clubhouse issues, it shows just how stupid the guy is. Both Grandal and Anderson were among the worst players in baseball over the last 2 years. 

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

He definitely had his share of miscues but if I remember right, Frank had foot surgery in the offseason and Jerry Manuel was trying to make him run shuttle drills in early February.   I’m gonna side with Frank there 

I’m not taking sides I’m just saying it’s not just fans who didn’t get along with the guy.  Both Manuel and Williams had public feuds with him and the fans see this in the paper.  The OP acts like fans boo in a vacuum.  Sometimes true, not in Frank’s case.

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

Grandal's also a piece of s%*#. If he thought smacking Anderson was the best way to address clubhouse issues, it shows just how stupid the guy is. Both Grandal and Anderson were among the worst players in baseball over the last 2 years. 

Grandal may be a POS but he is a guy who is not a fan and dealt with Anderson daily who didn’t like Anderson either.

38 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

This is just wrong. Frank was ridiculed by fans for being selfish and soft throughout his prime. One of my first Sox memories was attending a game and asking my Dad why the fans were booing Frank. 

Bullshit, I was at 80% of his home games in his prime. He got booed in 2002. But his last AB in what was maybe his last home game in 2002, when the speculation was his Diminished Skills clause would be picked up by JR, he got a standing ovation.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Bullshit, I was at 80% of his home games in his prime. He got booed in 2002. But his last AB in what was maybe his last home game in 2002, when the speculation was his Diminished Skills clause would be picked up by JR, he got a standing ovation.

Don’t get in the way of his misinformation.

Edited by FloydBannister1983

7 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I don't ever remember Frank getting booed in the 90s. Hell he was the reason I became a Sox fan. Now in the 2000s is a different story but that was past his prime years. 

Because he wasn't. Its the poster who posts on message boards although he thinks message boards are stupid, and supposedly is a Sox fan although he thinks Sox fans suck.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Was this the torn Achilles' season when he didn't play almost the entire season and David Wells was acquired for Sirotka?

Jose Canseco adventures (he was actually surprisingly effective that year) in the outfield occasionally.

24 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Was this the torn Achilles' season when he didn't play almost the entire season and David Wells was acquired for Sirotka?

Jose Canseco adventures (he was actually surprisingly effective that year) in the outfield occasionally.

I don’t remember Frank tearing his Achilles, I thought it was all in his foot 

2 hours ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

I’m not taking sides I’m just saying it’s not just fans who didn’t get along with the guy.  Both Manuel and Williams had public feuds with him and the fans see this in the paper.  The OP acts like fans boo in a vacuum.  Sometimes true, not in Frank’s case.

To be fair, it is greg, and not "fans".  greg is serving up hottakes the way McDonalds serves up Big Macs, cold and stale.