Thorpe pushed back a day

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's telling that they are being so careful with Drew Thorpe, but still haven't taken the foot off the gas with Crochet.

What's it telling you ?

It's 2 different guys.How one is treated has nothing to do with the other one.

Crochet and his agent I would assume aren't boobs. Do you think Crochet feels like he's being run into the ground or abused or handled wrong in any way ? It's pretty easy for Crochet to say in any game "take me out ,my arm doesn't feel right" or "  I'm tired."

Do you believe Nightingale when he said the Sox plan to curtail him severely in the 2nd half if he isn't traded ?

Is him throwing less sliders a part of an over all plan ? Maybe Thorpe is feeling a bit of fatigue and Crochet isn't.

You could view both pitchers as key pieces in the future of the franchise. Thorpe for his abilities on future Sox teams and Crochet for the talent he brings in that contributes to future Sox teams.

I think we're all better off not saying something is " telling" if we're not going to say why it's so telling.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

What's it telling you ?

It's 2 different guys.How one is treated has nothing to do with the other one.

Crochet and his agent I would assume aren't boobs. Do you think Crochet feels like he's being run into the ground or abused or handled wrong in any way ? It's pretty easy for Crochet to say in any game "take me out ,my arm doesn't feel right" or "  I'm tired."

Do you believe Nightingale when he said the Sox plan to curtail him severely in the 2nd half if he isn't traded ?

Is him throwing less sliders a part of an over all plan ? Maybe Thorpe is feeling a bit of fatigue and Crochet isn't.

You could view both pitchers as key pieces in the future of the franchise. Thorpe for his abilities on future Sox teams and Crochet for the talent he brings in that contributes to future Sox teams.

I think we're all better off not saying something is " telling" if we're not going to say why it's so telling.

For a guy who is so busy angrily stalking my posts you sure don't seem to read them.  I have said a ton of times that the Sox are acting like they are trading Crochet because they are going full load with him.  That obviously means I think we won't get to the point where we would be the ones cutting back on his usage because he won't be here for the Sox to cut back on.  Hopefully that helps restating what I have been stating.

Mostly I have been trying to ignore you, because the last time I debated with you, you kind of lost it, and I am trying avoid whatever triggered you before.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Everything I’ve heard directly from Crochet in press recently indicates he himself believes he can continue a full work load for the rest of the season with minimal time off.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

For a guy who is so busy angrily stalking my posts you sure don't seem to read them.  I have said a ton of times that the Sox are acting like they are trading Crochet because they are going full load with him.  That obviously means I think we won't get to the point where we would be the ones cutting back on his usage because he won't be here for the Sox to cut back on.  Hopefully that helps restating what I have been stating.

Mostly I have been trying to ignore you, because the last time I debated with you, you kind of lost it, and I am trying avoid whatever triggered you before.

Bro I don't have a side in this fight but it doesn't necessarily follow they'd be juicing Crochet's innings to facilitate a trade. If anything it makes sense to limit his innings as any contender will want to have as many bullets in the chamber as possible the ROS.

19 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Bro I don't have a side in this fight but it doesn't necessarily follow they'd be juicing Crochet's innings to facilitate a trade. If anything it makes sense to limit his innings as any contender will want to have as many bullets in the chamber as possible the ROS.

My feeling is that they don't care if his arms falls off after they trade him.  They have done nothing to protect him, limit his starts, his innings etc, yet a guy like Thorpe who threw 140 innings last year is already getting slid back.  

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

My feeling is that they don't care if his arms falls off after they trade him.  They have done nothing to protect him, limit his starts, his innings etc, yet a guy like Thorpe who threw 140 innings last year is already getting slid back.  

Yea sure I agree but in our case the recieving team would certainly be worried about all that. So the Sox have incentive both ways. I'm fine with how they are handling Garrett. There's no clear science here if his arm feels good, let him pitch. He's built like a fucking sequoia now and has a solid base in everything but prior innings.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I can see it cut both ways - contenders want those innings on their own team down the stretch, but they also want a bigger sample size to confirm he's the real deal before they commit to selling the farm for him.

Look at Luis Gil's incredible start to the season vs his cratering this last month. If he was in Crochet's position (ie on a seller), teams would be glad to have seen those extra innings and adjust how much they want to give up.

Edited by MiddleCoastBias
Typo
  • Like 2

Just now, MiddleCoastBias said:

I can see it cut both ways - contenders want those innings on their own team down the stretch, but they also want a bigger sample size to confirm he's the real deal before they commit to selling the farm for him.

Look at Luis Gil's incredible start to the season vs his cratering this last month. If he was in Crochet's position (ie on a seller), teams would be glad to have seen those extra innings and adjust how much they want to give up.

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yea sure I agree but in our case the recieving team would certainly be worried about all that. So the Sox have incentive both ways. I'm fine with how they are handling Garrett. There's no clear science here if his arm feels good, let him pitch. He's built like a fucking sequoia now and has a solid base in everything but prior innings.

I think they are more worried about pumping his stats for value.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

I think they are more worried about pumping his stats for value.

Or it could just be they are giving him his regular turn in the rotation with no ulterior motive whatsoever. They want him to do well of course because he'll command more in a trade but every start he makes could be his last one .

I'm not sure what you think the Sox should be doing. Why don't you give us some wisdom on the matter. I'll try to help you out as much as I can.

Not pitch him at all.

Limit his pitches to a certain number per start.

Go to a 6 man rotation.

Send him to the minors.

Put him in the BP.

Or another choice of you choosing and please explain why this will help his trade value or how much you care about his health. I'm just trying to figure out what you personally want.

I don't really expect you to tell me .You're more the snide comment type when you're arguments make no sense and you feel like you're being backed into a corner or stalked.I don't pick you to argue with but when you continually imply things without saying anything I ask for clarity.

For some reason you think he's being abused yet time and time again he has said he loves being on a starting pitching regular workload where he can prepare the exact same way between each start. Maybe you just want to be the 1st one in line to say I told you so if he gets hurt or pitches slow down before he's traded.Dazzle me.

• Like 1

Pretty sure they’ve been monitoring for a decrease in his velo which we have only seen on one occasion. He bounced back.

The guy has done something extremely rare and it would be nice if Baltimore would just piss the bed already by giving up Mayo, Norby, and Beavers.

?

14 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Or it could just be they are giving him his regular turn in the rotation with no ulterior motive whatsoever. They want him to do well of course because he'll command more in a trade but every start he makes could be his last one .

I'm not sure what you think the Sox should be doing. Why don't you give us some wisdom on the matter. I'll try to help you out as much as I can.

Not pitch him at all.

Limit his pitches to a certain number per start.

Go to a 6 man rotation.

Send him to the minors.

Put him in the BP.

Or another choice of you choosing and please explain why this will help his trade value or how much you care about his health. I'm just trying to figure out what you personally want.

I don't really expect you to tell me .You're more the snide comment type when you're arguments make no sense and you feel like you're being backed into a corner or stalked.I don't pick you to argue with but when you continually imply things without saying anything I ask for clarity.

For some reason you think he's being abused yet time and time again he has said he loves being on a starting pitching regular workload where he can prepare the exact same way between each start. Maybe you just want to be the 1st one in line to say I told you so if he gets hurt or pitches slow down before he's traded.Dazzle me.

Again, I have literally said exactly this stuff in many other posts.  Honestly, I don't care about dazzling you or whatever it is you need to make you feel better here.  Just actually read what I say.  I am not sure why you are making this so difficult.