Sox at Guardians 5:40 CST (Gavin Williams in his season debut vs. Fedde)

7 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Sox have outscored their opponents 35-20 over their last 6 games. Gotta be one of their best one week stretches this season.

We’re officially buyers now at the deadline.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Any other out of towners with mlb.tv notice that they’ve started showing post game shows?

Cool.

Yup noticed it yesterday. I made a post in the other game thread. The only 2 teams that didn't offer it at the start of the season were the Sox and Yankees. Looks like they finally caved

• Fire 1

Posted (edited)

Well Pedro didn't move Lenyn to the 2 hole (can't move The Pillar down, I guess), but he moved him up to #6.  It wasn't that long ago that he was one of our top MI prospects.  They finally just put him in the lineup and let him play and it's paying off.

I hope Katz and Cannon are watching Fedde pitch to and hit those corners all over the plate.

It doesn't fell like it, but Robert's OPS is > .800.

This team is a lot worse than the sum of its parts.  Maybe selling off the parts will bring back a better team.

Edited by GreenSox

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's holding his own and looks to be developing into that useful utility guy role whenever we get a real team around these parts.

Still hoping he can hit even close to his AA and AAA numbers but you are probably right.  Better than nothing, and damn sure better than Sh1tty Lopez.

8 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Might be a case of Coach Thames teachings needing time to set in. I’m serious. 

Pillar hit a home run in his last start with the Sox. He said something postgame about a breakthrough he thought he made with Thames.

He got cut, and now is slashing .317/.369/.542 as an Angel.

Although he's cooled off a bunch lately (.200/.289/.300 in his last 15), so maybe the Thames magic needs to be reupped regularly to stay effective.

• Like 1

Cristian Mena - 1st 4 batters, 4 runs. He had a clean 2nd, walked a couple in the third. Jake McCarthy nailed Freddie Freeman trying to tag on a lineout. 4 hits, 3 walks in 3 innings. Welcome to the show, kid. 

I called him a AAAA utility infielder. I'd love for him to battle Ramos/Gonzalez/Baldwin/Monty for a spot on the infield next year and going forward. He seems to be acclimating.