The MLB Standings

SCCWS

It is such an awful season for the White Sox as the games head toward the All Star break. We do see a few bright spots on our roster but the overall team is just awful. I haven't looked at the standings in a while but did today.  The White Sox are actually 33 games back of Cleveland. The worst teams in the league are still 7 games behind the 2nd( 2 teams) worst teams in the standings.  Our attendance is bad but not the worst at 27th.  What a dreadful year we are watching or not watching as we hit the All Star game's arrival in a few weeks. 

• Paper Bag 1

I  get the feeling that the organization doesn't care if they win or lose. I can't figure what their game plan is. It seems to me they want to have the lowest payroll in MLB next season.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Highland said:

In addition to this bad season, there is no sense of urgency to improve things in the short run. And now Kenny Williams wants to return. 

The short term couldn't matter less.  I am glad that Captain Panic has seemingly accepted the fate of this dumpster fire.  Now move out the chaff and let the kids get run.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

The short term couldn't matter less.  I am glad that Captain Panic has seemingly accepted the fate of this dumpster fire.  Now move out the chaff and let the kids get run.

Aly wants this nickname back. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Highland said:

In addition to this bad season, there is no sense of urgency to improve things in the short run. And now Kenny Williams wants to return. 

Huh?

3 hours ago, Highland said:

Improving things in the short term is the worst thing they could do. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MEANS said:

Huh?

He was recently interviewed by the Sun Times and he said he would be open to returning to baseball as a GM or advisor.  He never once said he wants to come back to the Sox though.  Not sure the intention of the OP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

They say misery loves company. At least from my perspective the Cubs being in last place brings a smile to my face when I check the standings. 

I have to say I'm sorta enjoying the Central being the best division so far as well. The smaller markets having a good year. Get sick of Yankees, Dodgers, etc.

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I have to say I'm sorta enjoying the Central being the best division so far as well. The smaller markets having a good year. Get sick of Yankees, Dodgers, etc.

They are just able to beat up on each other and are by no means likely better than the dodgers, Yankees, or Phillies.