• Chris Flexen
    • Mike Clevinger
    • Michael Kopech
    • John Brebbia
    • Steven Wilson
    • Tanner Banks
    • Michael Soroka
    • Chad Kuhl
  2. 2. Which positional players will be traded?

• Luis Robert
    • Paul DeJong
    • Tommy Pham
    • Gavin Sheets
    • Andrew Vaughn
    • Yoan Moncada
    • Eloy Jimenez
    • Nicky Lopez
    • Martin Maldonado
    • Andrew Benintendi

4 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

I don’t think it’s going to be a ton of moves as everyone is predicting. I can see it being just Feede, Kopech and Pham. 

Pulling off 6/7+ trades in the next 24 days seems like a tall task for Getz.

There is zero chance DeJong isn’t moved.

3 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Zero chance Clevinger gets moved, and I will die on the hill that it wouldn’t matter if he was healthy or not.

No one wants him. I think he's DFA'd at some point.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I agree no one will trade for him, but Sox gonna need him once they move 40% of their current rotation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Which pitchers will be traded?

Garrett Crochet - 60/40 no

Ericke Fedde - Y

Chris Flexen - Y

Mike Clevinger - N,  DFA'd in August.

Michael Kopech - Y

John Brebbia - Y

Steven Wilson - N

Tanner Banks - N

Michael Soroka - Y

Chad Kuhl - N

Which positional players will be traded?

Luis Robert - Y

Paul DeJong - Y

Tommy Pham - Y

Gavin Sheets - N

Andrew Vaughn - N

Yoan Moncada - N,  DFA'd in August.

Eloy Jimenez - N,  DFA'd in August.

Nicky Lopez - N

Martin Maldonado - N

Andrew Benintendi - N

Edited by Tnetennba

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I agree no one will trade for him, but Sox gonna need him once they move 40% of their current rotation. 

They will need arms, yes, I don't think he will be one of them though.

20 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I don't think that he will be DFAd just because we will need some innings filler if the top 3 all get dealt.

Posted (edited)

I think we have a pretty good starting 3 in Crochet, Fedde and Thorpe, so you don’t need a major rebuild if almost half the battle is won with the starters, the starting staff pitchers were the best since June 1 leading the AL in ERA so why trade them. I say  focus on the position players building around Robert, Vaughn, Lee and  Montgomery. Sosa is showing he might be a keeper also. Nicky Lopez might work out in a utility role. We’re stuck with Benintendi and the only hope is that he has an epiphany and returns to the player he once was. If JR is willing to spend some money this offseason I think the Sox could be a .500 team in 2025. In 2026 a few guys from Birmingham might be ready to help and by 2027 we should be contenders but only if Reinsdorf spends some money or even better would be if he sells the team to someone who won’t run the team as if they are the small market Pittsburgh Pirates.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 2
  • TLR 1

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I think we have a pretty good starting 3 in Crochet, Fedde and Thorpe, so you don’t need a major rebuild if almost half the battle is won with the starters, the starting staff pitchers were the best since June 1 leading the AL in ERA so why trade them. I say  focus on the position players building around Robert, Vaughn, Lee and  Montgomery. Sosa is showing he might be a keeper also. Nicky Lopez might work out in a utility role. We’re stuck with Benintendi and the only hope is that he has an epiphany and returns to the player he once was. If JR is willing to spend some money this offseason I think the Sox could be a .500 team in 2025. In 2026  few guys from Birmingham might be ready to help and by 2027 we should be contenders but only if Reinsdorf spends some money or even better would be if he sells the team to someone who won’t run the team as if they are the small market Pittsburgh Pirates.

Crochet and Fedde will both be free agents by 2027.  You can’t build around them with Reinsdorf as owner even if we wanted to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Paper Bag 1

So based on 45 votes so far, we have the following board predictions:

Highly Likely to Be Moved:

• Fedde (96%)
  • DeJong (92%)
  • Pham (88%)

Strong Chance to be Moved:

• Kopech (71%)
  • Crochet (67%)
  • Brebbia (62%)

Moderate Chance to be Moved:

• Banks (51%)
  • Wilson (42%)
  • Robert (36%)
  • Flexen (29%)
  • Soroka (20%)

Based on this voting, the Over/Under on players traded would be right around 6.5, which is actually less than what we traded last year.  I would 100% hammer the Over if I could place real money on this and gun to head I would stick with original prediction of 10 players being moved.

19 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

we'll hold on to him to eat innings after Fedde and maybe Crochet are moved. It'll be ugly. I am going to enjoy the next 2 weeks of the

season. the Sox are playing like a 75-80 win team right now. after the trades it's gonna be like April again.

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

So based on 45 votes so far, we have the following board predictions:

Highly Likely to Be Moved:

• Fedde (96%)
  • DeJong (92%)
  • Pham (88%)

Strong Chance to be Moved:

• Kopech (71%)
  • Crochet (67%)
  • Brebbia (62%)

Moderate Chance to be Moved:

• Banks (51%)
  • Wilson (42%)
  • Robert (36%)
  • Flexen (29%)
  • Soroka (20%)

Based on this voting, the Over/Under on players traded would be right around 6.5, which is actually less than what we traded last year.  I would 100% hammer the Over if I could place real money on this and gun to head I would stick with original prediction of 10 players being moved.

Seriously Soroka is a free agent in 3 months. He is 100% going somewhere. I have feelings on the rest, but MS is gone.

18 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Seriously Soroka is a free agent in 3 months. He is 100% going somewhere. I have feelings on the rest, but MS is gone.

I didn’t pick him because I’m just not convinced anyone is going to want him. 

23 hours ago, Timmy U said:

I didn’t pick Flexen because what winning team would give you anything for him? I also didn’t pick Soroka because he’s owed a fair amount of money for a middle reliever. I think the Sox are committed to moving Robert and Crochet though.

I think Flexen works as a swing-man for a team on the cusp. Somebody dealing with injuries. He can cover a few times through the rotation, then be an effective long man. He's worth somebody's AA arm that has to be rostered this winter. 

On 7/5/2024 at 8:47 AM, WestEddy said:

Even if you did have faith, he's on the same timeline as Crochet, who "won't be around by the time we're competitive". Thames' work could finally be sinking in, or Vaughn is getting comfortable with any ioff-season changes to his swing. Hell, Lenyn Sosa can give you what Vaughn has at 1B, and probably fields the position better. 

I just saw Romy Gonzalez playing 1st base for the red Sox.

Kind of surprising no one thinks Sheets or  Vaughn will be moved. I think one of them goes but no idea which one. Yankees are kind of thin at 1st base.

Lopez has been kind of hot lately. Rare to see him getting doubles . Saw 2 or 3 get over LF head down the line and another into the RF corner.

I probably picked 10 or 11 to be traded but not Robert or Crochet.

I think 1 or 2 from the minors could be moved too.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Kind of surprising no one thinks Sheets or  Vaughn will be moved. I think one of them goes but no idea which one. Yankees are kind of thin at 1st base.

Lopez has been kind of hot lately. Rare to see him getting doubles . Saw 2 or 3 get over LF head down the line and another into the RF corner.

I tried to not go nuts and pick everybody, so I just went with the guys I was pretty sure would be moved. I think Sheets can certainly upgrade 1B for a half dozen teams with viable playoff hopes, but he wouldn't be that big a step up to send a prospect for. He could be a throw-in.

I could see someone buying into Vaughn's recent hot streak as this being the guy he actually is. As a first rounder, he is a known entity, and his development either fits into what teams thought he could be, or could be fixed. 

From April 17 forward, Nicky Lopez' slash line is .268/.318/.322. That's a serviceable utility infielder. While I don't see anybody spending any prospect capital for that, like Sheets, he could be a throw-in as a lefty bench bat who slugs much better against righties. 

I agree on the minor leaguers, too. Everybody's got a guy in their system another team just missed taking in the 8th round, or whatever, and could sweeten a deal to loosen up that last prospect.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I think at a minimum they get a warm body.  I do think it will look something like the Middleton return.

That’s cool. Carela is interesting 

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Overall, they both suck so I just peg no team being interested enough.

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Overall, they both suck so I just peg no team being interested enough.

I kinda want the Yankees to get Sheets, then he hits some crucial monster s%*# to that right field porch because the NY Post will run a backpage with "HOLY SHEETS" with him photoshopped as an angel or something and they'll be so proud of themselves.

• Like 1