7/5: Apparently we are playing Miami in Miami

• bmags pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

yes

If they get a lesser return for Crochet because they are trying to unload Benintendi, that is a damn joke. The payroll will be lower next season, they can just eat that friggin contract.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

If they get a lesser return for Crochet because they are trying to unload Benintendi, that is a damn joke. The payroll will be lower next season, they can just eat that friggin contract.

And a perfect embodiment of why Chris Getz isn't a major league GM.

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 2

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I'd probably find something else to do at that point, honestly. That would be a mortal sin. Eat the money, maximize the insane value of Garrett.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

It would be an absolute abomination and prove that Getz is just another Reinsdorf patsy.

• Like 2
  • Paper Bag 2

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Holy f***, I didn't realize they were paying that hack Brebbia $5.5 mill!!!

All of the dumpster dives other than De Bong, who was for some reason just undervalued (hey good job Getz!) have sucked donkey ass. We wasted like 20 million on absolute scrubs. Could have gotten an actual good player for that AAV.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'd probably find something else to do at that point, honestly. That would be a mortal sin. Eat the money, maximize the insane value of Garrett.

I’d 100% boycott the team until Jerry dies if this were to happen.  It’s literally the single dumbest thing we could possibly do if we ever want to be serious about winning a championship again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

maybe banks can pitch decent for a month and be a part of some package, he probably won't but here's hoping. 

There's a lot of teams who could use Banks in middle relief.